STD: Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: STD: Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Riedquat wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:28 pmNot the most earth-shattering example but several years ago Carlisle United avoided relegation out of the football league due to a goal from the last kick of the game, scored by the on loan goalkeeper. It happened, can't argue with that, but if you were to put that as the climax to a story it would be rightfully dismissed as an implausible, convenient far-fetched for a happy ending (for Carlisle at any rate) bit of cheesy nonsense.

Erk, looked it up, 19 years ago. That's depressing.
Mark Twain was, notably, the man who said, "Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."
Makeshift Python
Captain

Re: STD: Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad

Post by Makeshift Python »

This is the first episode I whole-heartily enjoyed, the only weak part being the Burnham/Tyler thing, mostly because Tyler is just too bland of a character for me. I'm not all upset about the depiction of Mudd because he was never a character I had much fondness for, especially in two TOS episodes I just could never really get into, especially the space hooker episode.