Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

Post by Yukaphile »

Here's another golden moment.

DATA: Yet there are numerous examples where it was successful. The independence of the Mexican state from Spain, the Irish Unification of 2024 -
PICARD: (SF DEBRIS) That wasn't violent, they voted to leave the United Kingdom! It was the IREXIT.

And this is coming from somebody who didn't support BREXIT and doesn't support the real IREXIT either. I think it will weaken us in the face of a newly aggressive Russia that we MUST remained united against, or we shall surely fall. And even I laughed and still do. I guess the presentation is a lot better than, say, when Herms over on Twitter did it. He was rewatching Dragon Ball Z and providing his thoughts on Twitter and when Goku went Super Saiyan for the first time against Frieza, the tweet was "THEY VOTED TO LEAVE THE EU?!" As if he's implying that people's fears are exaggerated and there's nothing to be frightened of when Putin is literally regarding all their former territories like a dog eyeing a bone with steak on it. I guess SF Debris is better at the political jokes than most people I know then. Because as I said, I find this genuinely hilarious. :D
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
LordGigaIce
Redshirt

Post by LordGigaIce »

It's a tie between the entire Outrageous Okana episode and Chuck's "Admiral Janeway" bit from the Star Trek: Nemesis review.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:30 am A brick joke that has been lost to time and the way reviews are uploaded... I no longer even remember when this was or even in what series....

but in one episode Chuck stumbles over a fairly simple tongue twister and makes a comment that "man, I really should be more careful about putting those in my script." and then the next episode delivers an incredibly lengthy and elaborate tongue twister like it was nothing.
Been watching DS9 with my wife, who has never seen it, and watching Chuck's reviews to go along with it.

As it turns out, the review order keeps this gag intact, as its a two parter. Purgatory's Shadow and By Inferno's Light.. and the toungue twister in part 2 is even better than I remembered.

Great bit.

(And I mostly bring this up on myself 3 months later to mark and remember what episodes that was in the future!)
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

How about in "Rascals" where he was bemoaning where he's cursed to seeing underage Japanese girls in uncomfortable situations. I died, I swear.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Stargate SG-1: "The Fifth Race," 06:11 to to 06:18. Funny as eff.
Aezetyr
Redshirt

Post by Aezetyr »

So hard to narrow down to a single one ...

The scene from 'Generations' where Soran and the Duras Sisters were having a chat on their ship, and Chuck spliced in different sci-fi villains to show how generic the dialog was. That one always gets a laugh out of me.

His reaction to the 'Ghost in the Shell' fanservice; at least I think it was GitS. I remember the scene from the 5th Anniversary special (when's the next anniversary specials coming out? That was awesome).

From TNG 'The Game', when he worked in the insults from that video game into a Wesley montage.

'Bunnycat is a dick', repeated.

The utter contempt at 'Kannazuki no Miko'. Justified contempt.

The competition joke near the climax of 'Code of Honor'. starts at 32:44 https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t104.php
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Oh yeah that whole shpeel about the rules of the Arena is great, especially the closer.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Dae tone
Redshirt

Post by Dae tone »

Been marathoning through all of the reviews, and I believe I have hit my favorite joke Chuck has ever done.

It's in Babylon 5's episode "And The Sky Full of Stars"
Sinclair wakes up from a horrific nightmare about the line. He finds all his electronics are not working and attempts to contact multiple locations on the station but only to be greeted by the humpty dance being played back at him anew, every time he calls. During the following trip through the station looking for others, this continues to play from his backhand communicator, echoing throughout the station.

I think the first time I saw this I laughed the entire time it is occurring and then had to pause the review for several minutes while I attempted to regain control of my mind. Stumbling upon it again, I still hysterically laugh throughout the ordeal. It's all so perfect. The way Chuck changed the place in the song to show a progression of time, when he gets dressed, coming off the lift. The sound quality used in multiple parts. It's such a small thing that was probably noted by SF Debris while watching it and having a bit of a chuckle to himself. For me however it is a perfect example of what I hope comes out of looking at shows I know very well. You take this small joke and work it into the fictional world. It does nothing to ruin the presentation the show was going for, and the more you know about the show the more it was funny. The juxtaposition to Sinclair there, clearly fraught with worry over the possibilities befalling his station, after waking up from his worst nightmare, just trying to understand what is occurring, plagued by Humpty. But Sinclair is a pro, knowing there is nothing that can be done about this screeching, he must keep his communicator on in case others on the station fix communications. Just another pain that comes with being the commander of a station such as B5.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

So Yuka really wasn't using quote prompts before I joined.
Power laces... alright.