ENT - Bound

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Chris McWatters
Redshirt

Re: ENT - Bound

Post by Chris McWatters »

Maybe this is a silly question with an obvious answer, but how do you view the review on full screen?

Every time I try to it just plays it in a smaller external window, I had this problem with a previous review too.
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:26 pm
AlucardNoir wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:46 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:02 am Archer claimed that he didn't want to take the slaves because Earth outlawed it. The point was that Archer himself should have recognized it as a moral issue and not an issue pertaining to legal protocol.

The issue wasn't a matter of not bringing up moral context, but neglecting it by simply referring to it as a legal contradiction.

That's your position not clearspira's. You're the one that spouted that nonsense. A position that clearly goes against what Archer actually did in the episode.
If it's miscommunication then it's not an appropriate assessment of someone's position. Like lol are you srs.
Yes, yes I am serious. It's not a miscommunication, it's you apparently not knowing the episode but feeling the need to comment on the review.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Regarding the episode itself, yes he does seem more to be explaining her circumstance rather than his own response to the circumstance.
Power laces... alright.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Chris McWatters wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:10 pm Maybe this is a silly question with an obvious answer, but how do you view the review on full screen?

Every time I try to it just plays it in a smaller external window, I had this problem with a previous review too.
It was brought up in another review thread. Chuck said that it was a server side issue that he had to work out with them.
Power laces... alright.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

more on gender specific/super attraction mind control can we say at lest young justice did in way that is played terrifingly straight and they also tossed in the lines that Queen Bee most men and some women will be put under her spell.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Chris McWatters wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:10 pm Maybe this is a silly question with an obvious answer, but how do you view the review on full screen?
I just hit the fullscreen button in my browser's built-in media viewer. I believe that's supported widely now.
Chris McWatters
Redshirt

Post by Chris McWatters »

Ok cheers (=
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Deledrius wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:49 pm
I just hit the fullscreen button in my browser's built-in media viewer. I believe that's supported widely now.
Any chance you could share particularly which browser and hot key you are referring to?
Power laces... alright.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Fianna wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:54 am Basically, Archer is saying what Earth society as a whole thinks of slavery (that it needs to be abolished), without voicing a personal moral objection. The likely intent behind the scene is that, since Archer is acting as a representative of Earth, voicing a personal opinion (even if it's to agree with the broader sentiment of Earth) wouldn't be appropriate. However, it IS easy to interpret it as Archer going, "Oh man, I'd TOTALLY love to keep you as my slave, but I don't wanna get in trouble with the law."
You could say that Archer's intent is to inform her that slavery has no backing of society in Earth's jurisdiction. She cannot be a slave on an Earth ship. She cannot belong to anyone but herself. It is more than a moral aspiration. To suggest that Archer is implying that he would keep her as a slave but for the law is an uncharitable interpretation.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:44 am
Deledrius wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:49 pm
Any chance you could share particularly which browser and hot key you are referring to?
Please see the attached image.
Attachments
Full-screen button highlighted in HTML5 Native Media Controls.
Full-screen button highlighted in HTML5 Native Media Controls.