TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by CharlesPhipps »

chaos42 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:57 pm Though i wonder how justified the crew of that ship was atempting to arrest you on testimony extracted under mind control, information that isn't accurate. from what we can tell terro was so weak willed the jedi master used the mind trick to beat him, but he has enough left not to say what actually is going on and claim we are working together or the jedi master is lying. either way the bounty hunter never states his name and they have no way of knowing who you are.
I admit, I enjoyed the encounter with the Jedi Master when I was an LS hunter.

[paraphrased]

Hunter: I'm here to arrest you for the murder of the Bantha Mandalorian Clan!

Jedi: Seriously? That thing where I killed them all because they attacked me?

Hunter: Oh shit, really?

Jedi: Yeah, well, let's get this done. *ignites lightsaber*
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

plus consider that one persons war hero is anothers war criminal
in mandalorian clans a fight to the death is normal. i think some of our problem is that because its a different culture we don't always see it through their cultural perspective or their laws.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Just charging you with your actual crimes would only have locked you out of Republic space. Yeah it's technically an act of war, but in the part of the story that it takes place in neither side is even really keeping up the pretext that they aren't already at war. Accusing you of all the extra stuff and every unsolved terrorist attack on the books locks you out of the Empire and underworld too because everyone thinks you're just a murderous lunatic.

Of course the right people know it's a lie for it to completely blow up in his face...
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 pm Except, Jun Seros apparently then frames you for some "disgusting" crimes that cause everyone to turn against you because blowing up a capital ship and Jedi isn't enough to get everyone to turn on you. I always wondered what sort of stuff he put in your file.
I think one of them was, "Blowing up an orphanage."
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

as the bounty hunter puts it thats just slinging mud.

jun seros is the very element in the jedi that leads to their corruption. arrogant presumption that they are always right and that the light is good. i feel what we are seeing is less light vs dark but order vs chaos like in shin megami tensei, order is the light side but leads to dictator ship and the dark side more chaos and death and might makes right so both are bad and seros is very much a little dictator.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

In the end, that's why I was irritated with the return to the Sith vs. Republic.

The Alliance may not have been the best storyline but it was the best one for an LS Sith.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

true plus all the things you built up -it would have been better if you were more in the middle able to influence both sides than having to choose one, the best is getting valron on the throne of the sith empire though as i think hes funny and less of a pain than some of the others
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Anyone else sad the Lone Rose has no interest in Mako?
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

its fine personal tastes are personal tastes - plus for all we know he plans to use his romance option for one of the 2 companions from the knights arc when we get to it.

im actually interested to see all 4 of his characters interacting together which is what i suspect this is leading to, id like to see some of the 4 persona mission stories done with is 4 characters as each is interesting the way he portraits them
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:59 am Anyone else sad the Lone Rose has no interest in Mako?
I'm actually a bit suspicious about that.

Before the companion system retool the male BH had a notorious design flaw where it's impossible to avoid a Mako romance (even without ever choosing a flirt option) unless you deliberately keep her affection low, and it's kind of strange Chuck didn't mention that yet...
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.