Star Trek (VOY): Dreadnought

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Star Trek (VOY): Dreadnought

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Durandal_1707 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:00 pm Yeah, that episode was so goofy that it was kind of fun (at least that's how I remember it; admittedly I haven't seen the episode in years). Also it had plenty of Odo/Quark banter, which was always entertaining even in the bad episodes.
Right. It is actually a distinctly reliable throwback to the TOS era, but I was thinking exactly what you said, that it's rather fun (I just saw it within the month).

As far as allegory, this is what I stumbled upon and I think it fits alright.
Power laces... alright.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Durandal_1707 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:00 pm Yeah, that episode was so goofy that it was kind of fun (at least that's how I remember it; admittedly I haven't seen the episode in years). Also it had plenty of Odo/Quark banter, which was always entertaining even in the bad episodes.

"If Wishes Were Horses" and that one where Bashir gets possessed, though, those two can die in a fire.
''If Wishes Were Horses'' is crap no doubt. Bashir's wet dream being given physical form though always gets a smile out of me. I cannot think of anything more embarrassing than this HR violation brought to life.

''The Passenger'' though. Woo wee. Yeah there is no saving that. Siddig puts on a level of ham worthy of Shatner in this one.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

the Passenger is forgettable but not that bad.

I like If Wishes Were Horses.
Power laces... alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

IMO, I think Voyager had the best first season out of all Trek with TOS being a very close second. With DS9 at third, then Enterprise and lastly TNG.

I would even say Picard and Disco had better first seasons than TNG.
I got nothing to say here.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

clearspira wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:32 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:24 pm Ds9 doesn't really have any insufferable episodes in the first seasons.
''Allamaraine, count to four. Allamaraine, then three more. Allamaraine, if you can see, Allamaraine, you'll come with me.''
That still isn’t as bad as Code of Honor, among other season 1 episodes, Dear Doctor, or DS9’s own… *Shudders* …Profit and Lace.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:13 pm
''If Wishes Were Horses'' is crap no doubt. Bashir's wet dream being given physical form though always gets a smile out of me. I cannot think of anything more embarrassing than this HR violation brought to life.
Huh?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:23 pm
Huh?
HR = Human Resources [Department]

Staffed companies will typically have a department for interpersonal policy and conduct upkeep. They also handle employer-tied health insurance -- which I forget if Germany has employer provided health care on general national level -- among other employee welfare matters.
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 am
Huh?

Staffed companies will typically have a department for interpersonal policy and conduct upkeep.
HR stands for Human Revolution first and foremost (Deus EX ftw. why are DE1, DE:HR and DE:MD not committed yet btw?).

But in all seriousness, I know what HR stands for. I'm just wondering about what HR-violation clearspira is talking.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 amwhich I forget if Germany has employer provided health care on general national level -- among other employee welfare matters.
Naturally we do. We're a civilized european country after all. :P
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:52 pm But in all seriousness, I know what HR stands for. I'm just wondering about what HR-violation clearspira is talking.
Well Bashir's dream brought to life was Jadzia, so...
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:52 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 am
Huh?

Staffed companies will typically have a department for interpersonal policy and conduct upkeep.
HR stands for Human Revolution first and foremost (Deus EX ftw. why are DE1, DE:HR and DE:MD not committed yet btw?).
Well glad we got that cleared out of the way.
But in all seriousness, I know what HR stands for. I'm just wondering about what HR-violation clearspira is talking.
Oh right. That's actually the joke. It's a situation not provisionally covered in standard HR policy due to the fabricated speculative fiction scenario.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 amwhich I forget if Germany has employer provided health care on general national level -- among other employee welfare matters.
Naturally we do. We're a civilized european country after all. :P
Well your doctors seem to get paid as well as standard administration managers are here, but I am aware that it is a more privatized market system.
Power laces... alright.