Kannazuki no Miko 12

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Kannazuki no Miko 12

Post by Steve »

IIRC, about this time last year the queue was at 1 year of Trek requests, 2 years of non-Trek live action including movies, and 6 years of animation.

It probably doesn't help that animation covers a sheer epic amount of material. Stuff like Legend of Korra, which has been mostly requested save Book 4 (I requested the last three episodes, but I'm not sure if any other requests got in), to all the various TF series, the entirety of the DCAU, Exosquad, Gargoyles, and what I assume is an epic shitload of anime (especially after his Madoka review, since avid fans of all sorts of animes will be wanting their favorite in the queue).
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Archon_Wing wrote:Hnnm considering that Paranoia Agend was covered several episodes at a time, I'm wondering why longer series (and this one, since it feels dragged) couldn't be done as such. You could definitely sum it up in the same amount of time.

Then again, I guess that might be hazardous too....
The multiple episode format is rather recent to this show's history; My Little Pony was a pilot case to see if it could work, and when that was a success, opened the door for other anime and animation. Since KNM predated that, I thought to do it episode by episode to the end. Plus one episode at a time is more than I can stomach already.

Full Moon, since it's cropped up, will actually swap over soon. Once we get to the Japanese-only episodes (which is coming up) it'll be coming in batches as well.

Some shows will be in batches and some individual episodes. Kino's Journey, for instance, wouldn't be the better for the format, while those like Paranoia Agent I felt benefited from being grouped. I also need some episodes that are of the shorter length; consistly doing three full-length reviews a week would be a challenge, and throwing in batches, games, films, and miniseries in there would be untenable. Having a few shorter episodes in there allows progress without adding much in the way of work pressure.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Chuck, since the queue is so long, have you given some thought as to what you would do if you are ... let's say ... indisposed (or worse) for an indefinite period of time? Perhaps train an understudy? I don't mean to be pessimistic, but if the queue reaches 20 years, we should not expect you to do this stuff when you are 80.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Why not, he has an 80 year old as his Avatar.
Call me KuudereKun
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Oh please. Everyone knows that, despite his avatar, Chuck has at least three regenerations left.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

SabreMau wrote:
griffeytrek wrote:
SabreMau wrote:
SuccubusYuri wrote:Well there is good stuff coming down the line...I know someone said they put the Nanoha movie in the queue way back when.
Tenchi Muyo's also on the way at some point. That's relatively traditional.
Tenchi Muyo, especially the Tenchi Muyo OVA's is pretty near perfect for Chuck to review. It's six episodes, so it doesn't get old. Each has a different tone. It's sort of Space Opera. And it has all kinds of whacky anime cliches for him to make fun of, without the really twisted lesbian incest rape stuff.
It's also from 1992, where a lot of anime cliches weren't yet cliche, such as bunnycat.
Heck I think Tenchi Muyo actually STARTED the "Whatthefugisit Bunnycat" phase of anime?
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

As I've watched more older Anime, I've grown increasingly surprised how many cliches have their roots already planted in the 80s.

A lot of stuff came form Gundam, even stuff that specifically Mecha related. And then I watched the Lupin III Gold of Babylon movie, it's awkward.
Call me KuudereKun