Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

Post by Madner Kami »

That ending of Part 3. LOOOOOOL
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

BunBun299 wrote: The only problem I have is the problem I've been having watching all videos on this site lately, they just grind to a halt at random points, and either crash the page, or just resume at random. It's becoming an increasingly annoying problem.
What browser are you using? I'm on chrome and I have noticed similar problems. Though not always.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

AlucardNoir wrote:
BunBun299 wrote: The only problem I have is the problem I've been having watching all videos on this site lately, they just grind to a halt at random points, and either crash the page, or just resume at random. It's becoming an increasingly annoying problem.
What browser are you using? I'm on chrome and I have noticed similar problems. Though not always.
Chrome as well.
FakeGeekGirl
Officer

Post by FakeGeekGirl »

AlucardNoir wrote:
I've had a few problems with Firefox as well.
name_here
Redshirt

Post by name_here »

I've had random crashing with Chrome. Firefox seems generally fine, but when I hit play on a video and later pause it and go away for a while, it usually seizes up a minute or so after resuming.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I have videos freezing usually when I'm trying to play them in the background while playing a game.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Well, good to know the problem isn't just me.

Back on the topic of DA2, my preference of love interests would be as follows;

Merill
Isabel
Sebastian
Fenris
Anders

And I don't like Sebastian much. He's the only character in the game I didn't manage to max out friendship with. Of course, he really did feel tacked on compared to the others.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I wonder if Chuck is going to switch over to a PlayStation given how often DA2 freezes up. Not really a XBox fan myself, mostly because most of the series that are exclusive to the counsel aren't really anything I'm interested whereas I love a lot of the titles on the PS.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

The accents in Dragon Age bug me. The Fereldens are vaguely Anglo-Saxon and they sound English, the Orlesians are vaguely Norman/Frankish and they sound French, the Elves are vaguely Celtic and they sound Irish and Welsh. OK, makes sense. Isabella is from Rivain which is vaguely Spanish so she sounds... English? Kirkwall is in the Free Marches which are vaguely Hanseatic and the people there ...also sound English? Wat. Shouldn't they sound like Cassandra who is from the vaguely Prussian Nevarra? Yes there's the "vaguely" part but they don't have to perfectly 1:1 analogous but some countries are more analogous than others, its inconsistent.

And Dwarves are American!?
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

name_here wrote:I've had random crashing with Chrome. Firefox seems generally fine, but when I hit play on a video and later pause it and go away for a while, it usually seizes up a minute or so after resuming.
Yours at least start back. If I pause a video on this site it's a coin toss if it will start back up or be frozen. The latest of the DA2 videos had no problem starting back when I got back from dinner. The Tin Man episode SFDebris uploaded yesterday was left alone for an hour while I went to watch the F1 qualifying, when I came back it played for a second or two and then froze. No more buffering, no more nothing, just froze. I had to reload the page to finish it.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.