Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by clearspira »

Elderdog wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:47 am I would say that I kind of disagreed with him once during a review he did of SGA that involved McKay getting possessed by Cadman because, it's one of my favorite episodes because of the acting involved during the possession scenes and it does stick the landing with a lot of comedic moments.
However, I have to agree with Chuck that Cadman did cross a lot of personal and ethical lines with McKay during the episode.
I on the other hand agree with him 100% that sga has moral myopia. We have seen repeatedly how traumatic being a host to a worm is and yet the same exact same scenario is being played for laughs because it is McKay.

This is one of the worst episodes period, right alongside the guy who rapes women for laughs.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

You would agree with him 100% on that.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 am You would agree with him 100% on that.
Explain.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Not comfortable saying what, but I will tell you this: Political correctness forces people to try and make the criminal side seem to have legitimate reasons. Everyone's putting a political slant into everything, and it's so disgusting, it's why I left politics behind. This is my biggest beef with psychology culture, and political correctness. Take, and for instance, this is just a LOOSE example, but I feel it's appropriate... let's say there's an African-American man who is wronged by somebody, and this is just a hypothetical, no way accusing all blacks of being like this, but this dude in this scenario is a gang member, who then breaks into his house, murders his wife, rapes his daughter right in front of him, and jacks the car on the way out. A certain political spectrum would try and spin this into how "those black communities really suffer from poverty and white establishment, so clearly that must be our agenda - help them." Can't... can't helping the poor and racially disenfranchised be its own reward, instead of pushing an agenda, blaming his environment rather than him? Take a white shooter like Dylann Roof or God knows who else, and you'd have the right insisting it's mental illness, the left, it's about white privilege. It's all politics. I have literally seen people try to misrepresent a rape victim as "not innocent." Meanwhile, the very same people pushing this agenda will try to spin her being left so broken by the experience, she's wondering if they had legitimate cause to do this, as being a sign of great "strength." Rather than not normal and not healthy, something to get deeply concerned about, not praise! In all these cases, it's painting the victim as morally equivalent to their victimizer, and it gets so old, and sickening, I don't care. I won't try to change a system that does that.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:07 pm Not comfortable saying what, but I will tell you this: Political correctness forces people to try and make the criminal side seem to have legitimate reasons. Everyone's putting a political slant into everything, and it's so disgusting, it's why I left politics behind. This is my biggest beef with psychology culture, and political correctness. Take, and for instance, this is just a LOOSE example, but I feel it's appropriate... let's say there's an African-American man who is wronged by somebody, and this is just a hypothetical, no way accusing all blacks of being like this, but this dude in this scenario is a gang member, who then breaks into his house, murders his wife, rapes his daughter right in front of him, and jacks the car on the way out. A certain political spectrum would try and spin this into how "those black communities really suffer from poverty and white establishment, so clearly that must be our agenda - help them." Can't... can't helping the poor and racially disenfranchised be its own reward, instead of pushing an agenda, blaming his environment rather than him? Take a white shooter like Dylann Roof or God knows who else, and you'd have the right insisting it's mental illness, the left, it's about white privilege. It's all politics. I have literally seen people try to misrepresent a rape victim as "not innocent." Meanwhile, the very same people pushing this agenda will try to spin her being left so broken by the experience, she's wondering if they had legitimate cause to do this, as being a sign of great "strength." Rather than not normal and not healthy, something to get deeply concerned about, not praise! In all these cases, it's painting the victim as morally equivalent to their victimizer, and it gets so old, and sickening, I don't care. I won't try to change a system that does that.
Just to clarify I am talking about Lucius, the man who used a brain washing herb to rape women. That is literally what he did and was five seconds away from doing so to Weir and Teyla.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Okay, BCM, that was over the line. Quoting me against somebody else using my exact same words. I don't know if it was meant as a joke or a deliberate attempt to satirize me, but I'm not laughing. That wasn't funny.

You're exploiting my latent anxieties and helpless grief in how shit the world is for a damn punchline. Seriously, dude, you're just sad.
Last edited by Yukaphile on Fri May 31, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

clearspira wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm Just to clarify I am talking about Lucius, the man who used a brain washing herb to rape women. That is literally what he did and was five seconds away from doing so to Weir and Teyla.
I see. Nevermind then.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Seriously, please don't mock me in the future.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

It's not, really.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Bleh. I apologize.