Star Trek (VOY): Dreadnought

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Star Trek (VOY): Dreadnought

Post by clearspira »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:52 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 am
Madner Kami wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:23 pm
clearspira wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:13 pm
''If Wishes Were Horses'' is crap no doubt. Bashir's wet dream being given physical form though always gets a smile out of me. I cannot think of anything more embarrassing than this HR violation brought to life.
Huh?
HR = Human Resources [Department]

Staffed companies will typically have a department for interpersonal policy and conduct upkeep.
HR stands for Human Revolution first and foremost (Deus EX ftw. why are DE1, DE:HR and DE:MD not committed yet btw?).

But in all seriousness, I know what HR stands for. I'm just wondering about what HR-violation clearspira is talking.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:30 amwhich I forget if Germany has employer provided health care on general national level -- among other employee welfare matters.
Naturally we do. We're a civilized european country after all. :P
Dude, if this was real life, and you brought to life a work colleague like Bashy does here, you would be MeToo'd out of the office in 5 seconds flat.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:16 pm Dude, if this was real life, and you brought to life a work colleague like Bashy does here, you would be MeToo'd out of the office in 5 seconds flat.
Well he didn't mean to do that is the thing. Unless you think that people with unrequited sexual attraction can't work together, the blue moon nature of the whole brought to life thing just has to be worked passed.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Indeed, Bashir did not bring a fantasy to life. A bunch of privacy invading aliens did it. Bashir is as much a victim as Dax is in this scenario.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

CrypticMirror wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:40 pm Indeed, Bashir did not bring a fantasy to life. A bunch of privacy invading aliens did it. Bashir is as much a victim as Dax is in this scenario.
Everyone is titled to their own fantasies. As long as you don't act on them without consent or breaks the law.

It becoming real is not Bashir's fault. Hell his actions throughout the episode for the most part shows that he is not some weirdo.

'Hey she said yes'.

The thing is HR would be already aware of Bashir and Dax anyway. Dax being a good sport about it helps alot. And what can HR really do anyway? Policing Bashir's fantasies?
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

So apparently a challenger has appeared regarding the episode in DS9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM6qvQCuP2s
Power laces... alright.