Full Moon

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Zezlemet
Redshirt

Re: Full Moon

Post by Zezlemet »

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

Such a joyous day! Be with your loved ones, everyone. After all, we just saw 12 year old Mitsuki deciding to be with her loved one, Eichi at the end of the episode!

God damn this series.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Hero_Of_Shadows wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:08 pm Jesus, 5 years ?
Well, up until the switch to Japanese, he'd been doing them one at a time, generally about 1 a month... and sometimes with 4-6 month gaps in there. That adds up.

Even if he'd consistently done 1 a month every month without gaps or marathon chunks he'd still only have gotten to this point after 4 years, so...

There's 10 episodes left, I'm guessing he's going to push to finish those off in another 2 reviews and finally clear the series off his plate. There's a reason he had to close off new submissions a while ago...
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

BunBun299 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 pm Never seen an episode of this anime, just the reviews. Saw this little twist coming, years ago. In fact, I would have been truly shocked if Echii had not been dead.

Meanwhile, we have a Death Spirit whose still new to the job, due to being only recently dead himself...
Takto is not Eichi, no. That's not where this goes.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Zezlemet wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:21 am HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!
I GOT YOU THE SWEET SWEET TASTE OF DESPAIR!!
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

Wargriffin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm
I WAS FULLY EXPECTING HER TO BE DEAD BY THE END OF THE EPISODE!!!
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Hero_Of_Shadows wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:40 pm
Wargriffin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm
I WAS FULLY EXPECTING HER TO BE DEAD BY THE END OF THE EPISODE!!!
NONSENSE DEATH WOULD A BLESSING! SHE NEEDED TO BE RENDERED COMATOSE SO GRANNY COULD GRIPE AT HER BARELY CONSCIOUS BODY!!!!

Granted Chunk did cut out the just let me die bit

youtu.be/ndqakkLFfWQ
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

As an aside, Chuck didn't really mention it explicitly, so I don't know if he WAS aware, but Christmas Eve has become a holiday in Japan most akin to Valentine's Day; that is a day for romantic lovers.

For those curious, ACTUAL Valentine's Day is *more* for single people (being very broad here, since both are imported holidays), especially when someone couples it with White Day (March 14th), the idea is you give someone dark chocolate on Valentine's, and if they like you back, on White Day they give you white chocolate.

I admit I like the way the anime handled the death much better (in the manga she just saw it on the news so she went to his house already knowing), it feels much more natural a response.

And oh shit Chuck's planning to end the series on April 6th isn't he? That's gonna be the week of skipped Trek. xD Don't you do it, Chuck. Don't you do it!!!
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

SuccubusYuri wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:50 am the idea is you give someone dark chocolate on Valentine's, and if they like you back, on White Day they give you white chocolate.
Not exactly. Valentine's in Japan is when the girls give chocolate. White day is when the boys give chocolate. It can be white or dark chocolate for either day.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

The episode ended a bit more upbeat than I thought it would.