Kannazuki No Miko 11

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Ghilz
Officer

Re: Kannazuki No Miko 11

Post by Ghilz »

Quite enjoyed FMAB, much more than the dumpster fire that was FMA, where early bits of foreshadowing or plot events never pay off because the guys making the show didn't know where the manga was going with it. Only real criticism of FMAB is how fast it skips through the bits that FMA did that were accurate to the Manga. Like, not enough for the series to be impossible to follow - far from it - but FMAB is really eager to get to the "new" stuff. So it's willing to rush through arcs and only give us glimpses of characters we should've come to know for many episodes. Though I must stress, It's only really noticeable if you saw FMA or read the Manga.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

MithrandirOlorin wrote:Dinadan, your quote of me doesn't even make the point you think it is.
Umm, yes it does. You stated you didn't like those shows and when asked what you didn't like about them/why you didn't like them, claim you have no opinion of them. Not liking them is having an opinion of them.

If you're not sure, just say so; no one is going to complain. Saying "I have no opinion about that thing I expressed an opinion on" just makes you look like a twat.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

No, I said I didn't like Crystal and Hellsing Ultimate. Did you even read what you copy/pasted?
Call me KuudereKun
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Dînadan wrote:
MithrandirOlorin wrote:Dinadan, your quote of me doesn't even make the point you think it is.
Saying "I have no opinion about that thing I expressed an opinion on" just makes you look like a twat.
Just a friendly warning; this is starting to stray toward the level of "personal attack", so let's watch it.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Hellsing Ultimate was never meant to be some deep work of art. It's about vampires, and Nazis, and vampire Nazis. It's all about the spectacle, and honestly that's what I love about it. I like the first adaptation, too, and for the same reasons as far as Seras going through becoming a vampire and all that, but that isn't the story the original author wanted to tell.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Dînadan wrote: Saying "I have no opinion about that thing I expressed an opinion on" just makes you look like a twat.
My Grandmother used to say she had a hot twat. What is that?
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

jstrahan wrote:
Dînadan wrote: Saying "I have no opinion about that thing I expressed an opinion on" just makes you look like a twat.
My Grandmother used to say she had a hot twat. What is that?
I can only guess what she was using it as a euphemism for, but here in the U.K. 'twat' is slang for an idiot or person acting like an ass.

The Mods have spoken, so let's leave it there before this thread gets derailed any more and get back to discussing this train wreak of an anime and Chuck's review of it.
Redshirt

Post by Avatarian »

God this show is awful and creepy. And it shows how much better both Future Diary and Madoka Magica: Rebellion handled unhealthy emotional attachment. Yuno Gasai is clearly shown to be a sick person, and there is a reason she was the way she was instead of just Lust. And Homura can be seen as largely a victim, while still clearly showing the dangers of obsession.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Avatarian wrote:God this show is awful and creepy. And it shows how much better both Future Diary and Madoka Magica: Rebellion handled unhealthy emotional attachment. Yuno Gasai is clearly shown to be a sick person, and there is a reason she was the way she was instead of just Lust. And Homura can be seen as largely a victim, while still clearly showing the dangers of obsession.
Well there's also a world of difference with "I'm obsessed with that person so I am doing magical gobbledygook to keep her near me" and "I am obsessed with this person and I am going to sexually assault her BUT ITS FOR HER OWN GOOD COZ MAGIC REASONS"
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

Avatarian wrote:God this show is awful and creepy. And it shows how much better both Future Diary and Madoka Magica: Rebellion handled unhealthy emotional attachment. Yuno Gasai is clearly shown to be a sick person, and there is a reason she was the way she was instead of just Lust. And Homura can be seen as largely a victim, while still clearly showing the dangers of obsession.
Let's not be too generous to Madoka just yet. The all important "acknowledgment" would have to come in the fourth film, and that may very well take the path KnM took, for all we know. No reason to expect it, but it's Japan.