Enterprise: Space Nazi Two-parter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
GandALF
Officer

Re: Enterprise: Space Nazi Two-parter

Post by GandALF »

excalibur wrote:I think it's a bit misleading to call them space or even time NAZIs. All they did was wear the uniform of the Germans to blend in but they are in no way subscribing to their ideals and just using them for their own goals.
There is that bit where Vosk mocks the general for his amateurish nation conquering which implies that they have a similar philosophy just on a grander scale.

Also the Na'kuhl emblem in STO has an iron cross, so there's that.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

I am really not behind letting some automated software from a search engine dictate how human beings abuse the space bar.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

GandALF wrote:
excalibur wrote:I think it's a bit misleading to call them space or even time NAZIs. All they did was wear the uniform of the Germans to blend in but they are in no way subscribing to their ideals and just using them for their own goals.
There is that bit where Vosk mocks the general for his amateurish nation conquering which implies that they have a similar philosophy just on a grander scale.

Ok, the STO think is a bit weird.

Having the mindset of conquerors isn't distinctly a NAZI idea.
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

PerrySimm wrote:I am really not behind letting some automated software from a search engine dictate how human beings abuse the space bar.
Agreed.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

I mean, if they had a review process it wouldn't be too big a deal. We're using the name of the site, we're talking about nazis, we're swearing up a storm. we're talking about eugenics and you can quote find "kill the non-europeans" in the thread. All in all I kind of expect a stage 1 algorithm to flag us. It's just the fact if you appeal there probably isn't a human being to double check that makes it such a damned nuisance.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

excalibur wrote:
GandALF wrote:

Ok, the STO think is a bit weird.

Having the mindset of conquerors isn't distinctly a NAZI idea.
Well their contempt for the temporal accord seems to stem from a Darwinian view that they have the right to use time travel to impose their will on other races, which is also pretty Nazi-ish.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

Imposing your will on others have been around since Romans, Persian, Mongols, etc. Every single one of them thought they were superior to the others. Hell, the NAZIs weren't even the only ones doing it in WWII. The Japanese oppressed Asia with the same mentality that they were better
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

GandALF wrote:Well their contempt for the temporal accord seems to stem from a Darwinian view that they have the right to use time travel to impose their will on other races, which is also pretty Nazi-ish.
No it's mostly because "you let our star die and damned our entire race and you won't use time travel to fix it, you bastards!"

So they used time travel to try to punish everyone who didn't fix their star. Except in the process they pissed off the Tholians who waited until they can find the thing to destroy their star, stole it and destroyed their star.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Whiners. Same thing happened to the Dilgar, and you don't see them complaining.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

J!! wrote:Whiners. Same thing happened to the Dilgar, and you don't see them complaining.
Mostly because every last one of them is dead.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox