Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
s955120
Redshirt

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by s955120 »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:39 pm
s955120 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am My point is, "killing" Doomsday and killing some ordinare villain can not be view as the same thing. Because when you killed the latter, he/she is dead, never going to comeback unless you bring out some time machine. On the other hand, when you killed Doomsday, all you actualy did was force him go to sleep it off for a while.
regular supervillains like the Joker tend to come back to life all the time too. also, Superman didn't know Doomsday would come back the first time.
But if I remember correctly (again, I can be wrong), Superman didn't kill Doomsday the first time. He and Doomsday punched each other alot, Doomsday falls, Superman dies. Than other people were like "OMG, Doomsday still havn't die yet, let's shoot his ass into space before he wakes up."
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

s955120 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 pm
s955120 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am My point is, "killing" Doomsday and killing some ordinare villain can not be view as the same thing. Because when you killed the latter, he/she is dead, never going to comeback unless you bring out some time machine. On the other hand, when you killed Doomsday, all you actualy did was force him go to sleep it off for a while.
regular supervillains like the Joker tend to come back to life all the time too. also, Superman didn't know Doomsday would come back the first time.
But if I remember correctly (again, I can be wrong), Superman didn't kill Doomsday the first time. He and Doomsday punched each other alot, Doomsday falls, Superman dies. Than other people were like "OMG, Doomsday still havn't die yet, let's shoot his ass into space before he wakes up."
at least in both animated adaptations of that storyline, Superman very much killed Doomsday on purpose. in the latest adaptation, he was flat out told by Wonder Woman that he had to abandon his no killing principal for Doomsday and he Superman twisted Doomsday's neck all the way around with a really hard punch.

and how come Wonder Woman can get away with being willing to kill in pretty much all versions of her story but not Superman or Batman? and that's more hypocrisy, Superman associates with heroes who are willing to kill when it's necessary but will treat other heroes he is not friends with who are willing to kill as assholes.

again, it's the absolutism I hate, if Superman and Batman acknowledged there is such a thing as justified homicide(key word being "justified"), I wouldn't have a problem.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well how about Jason Todd's resentment of Batman not killing the Joker? Todd is obviously deranged, but where does Batman's consideration of the matter fall on that spectrum?

Of course, Todd was speaking squarely of revenge. It's understandable that Batman wouldn't do it for such purposes.
..What mirror universe?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:03 pm
and how come Wonder Woman can get away with being willing to kill in pretty much all versions of her story but not Superman or Batman? and that's more hypocrisy, Superman associates with heroes who are willing to kill when it's necessary but will treat other heroes he is not friends with who are willing to kill as assholes.
Even Wonder Woman doesn't kill unless there is no other choice like happened when Maxwell Lord was going to mind control Superman and make him to kill countless innocent people. In that situation she didn't have no other choice than kill. Besides that act made her feared by rest of world so it's not like there were no consequences for her killing Maxwell Lord because there were. Also even as Amazon Princess who was trained as warrior among her people and to whom killing isn't that big deal like it's to other two members of Trinity most of time she doesn't kill her enemies either.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Mecha82 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:38 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Even Wonder Woman doesn't kill unless there is no other choice like happened when Maxwell Lord was going to mind control Superman and make him to kill countless innocent people. In that situation she didn't have no other choice than kill. Besides that act made her feared by rest of world so it's not like there were no consequences for her killing Maxwell Lord because there were. Also even as Amazon Princess who was trained as warrior among her people and to whom killing isn't that big deal like it's to other two members of Trinity most of time she doesn't kill her enemies either.
my point is that she is willing to kill but no one ever lectures her on that but that is exactly what happens to every anti-hero that is willing to kill. and she was only feared by the world for killing Lord because the video of her doing it was out of context.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

And just punching Lord's light out was no option because ... ?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:06 pm And just punching Lord's light out was no option because ... ?
Because of his mind control powers. It didn't really leave Wonder Woman any other option as way to stop him. Then again he was brought back in life after everyone who had been turned into Black Lantern zombies were brought back to life by White Lantern and those included Maxwell Lord.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
TheStarWarsTrek
Officer

Post by TheStarWarsTrek »

Um, shouldn't all this be *in* the Superman vs the Elite thread?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

TheStarWarsTrek wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 pm Um, shouldn't all this be *in* the Superman vs the Elite thread?
Agree.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Superheroes don't kill Supervillains. There is a rule, the Comics Code..
Supervillains have cunning plans to kill Superheroes which always fail = Plot Armour.

Even when Supers die, they resurrect a few weeks later.
Death is not a thing for Supers.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.