Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

and I still think the context of things that are going on in the real world and things that go on in superhero universes makes Chuck's whole speech about how the world is getting better hallow. I still don't know that much about the actual comics but from what I understand, in the modern era, the Joker is a super god mode villain who is an existential thread to the entire human race just by existing.
planescaped
Redshirt

Post by planescaped »

In his Night Rider review he discussed ego depletion and mentioned how they recently found out willpower and self-control are a finite resource. That was in 2010 and they've since actually found out that isn't true...

After being unable to replicate the results they preformed another test that just completely destroyed the theory... the new test had only 2 of the 24 groups show ego depletion, and it turns out if you believe in it, then it can be a thing, if you don't, then it doesn't exist. People who believed in it tended to use it as an excuse to give up, whereas people who didn't functioned as if it didn't exist.

Science is always changing, and psychology is still weird...
TigerWoodsLibido
Redshirt

Post by TigerWoodsLibido »

His review of Twisted on Voyager seemed a bit low, I would say a 2 or 3 over a 1, even though it was still a lousy bottle episode. Sad that those vids got DMCAd.
planescaped
Redshirt

Post by planescaped »

TigerWoodsLibido wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm His review of Twisted on Voyager seemed a bit low, I would say a 2 or 3 over a 1, even though it was still a lousy bottle episode. Sad that those vids got DMCAd.
Yeah... I really didn't see what he saw that made Twisted a 1. But then again, I expected him to trash the Amelia Earhart episode and he liked it so who knows. O_o
TigerWoodsLibido
Redshirt

planescaped wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:54 am
TigerWoodsLibido wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm His review of Twisted on Voyager seemed a bit low, I would say a 2 or 3 over a 1, even though it was still a lousy bottle episode. Sad that those vids got DMCAd.
Yeah... I really didn't see what he saw that made Twisted a 1. But then again, I expected him to trash the Amelia Earhart episode and he liked it so who knows. O_o
Agreed. I'm doing a watch-through for the first time since I was a kid and it was on TV and I'm really bummed that I can't watch his breakdowns right after the episode. Most of them have been removed. I wish someone had a file of just the Voyager ones because I never got around to watching them all. I remember them making me laugh before my epilepsy got really bad.

Wish there was a way to watch them :cry:

Also, the second season is so bad compared to the rest of the show. Ramps up late in S3 IIRC.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

TigerWoodsLibido wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:03 am I wish someone had a file of just the Voyager ones
That would be a pretty large file!
TigerWoodsLibido
Redshirt

Deledrius wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:48 am
TigerWoodsLibido wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:03 am I wish someone had a file of just the Voyager ones
Yeah, but I don't know of any other way to watch them anymore. What a bummer.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

TigerWoodsLibido wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:50 am
You sound like you are having a hard time, mate. You have my genuine sympathies. I have seen loved one's afflicted with bad seizures and it is heartbreaking.
TigerWoodsLibido
Redshirt

clearspira wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:57 pm
TigerWoodsLibido wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:50 am
You sound like you are having a hard time, mate. You have my genuine sympathies. I have seen loved one's afflicted with bad seizures and it is heartbreaking.
I do my best but have to take a long time just to type out a post. Sitting down a lot and figured I would re-watch this. So sad that his reviews are gone. :cry:
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

about "The First Duty", I think the fact that Lacarno only admitted what happened after he'd already been found out and Tom Paris admitted all on his own is a much bigger difference then Chuck made it out to be. Ultimately, Lacarno only cared about himself and very much ass irredeemable.