SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Yukaphile »

@Steve Case in point, during KOTOR 2, we saw that, to buy time for the Republic to recover, Goto, the Exchange boss, meddled in their affairs so badly it was keeping them distracted from certain exploitations that would lead to further destabilization.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Post by TheGreenMan »

After watching some of the reviews I decided to give SWTOR a try and then further decided that I'd give it a month paid subscription to unlock stuff. Hilariously enough, when I entered my payment information (several different ones) the website gave me the following error: "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." I guess it will be f2p for me the whole way now.

EA is so incompetent with the Star Wars license that, without loot boxes, they can't make money even when I'm shoving it in their face.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

TheGreenMan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:38 am After watching some of the reviews I decided to give SWTOR a try and then further decided that I'd give it a month paid subscription to unlock stuff. Hilariously enough, when I entered my payment information (several different ones) the website gave me the following error: "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." I guess it will be f2p for me the whole way now.

EA is so incompetent with the Star Wars license that, without loot boxes, they can't make money even when I'm shoving it in their face.
They got serious competition in Disney.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Disney should take license away from EA and give it to company that wants to use it to make good singleplayer game with good story and no monetezation BS that EA loves so much.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

There's the same problem with Marvel. It's the most popular franchise on the planet, but there's no real games for it. It seems like they're going considerably out of their way to leave a lot of money on the table.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Disney doesn't know how to make video games.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Disney doesn't make video games. They only license franchises to other companies that do. In this IMO case they made bad choice by going with EA. Not that doesn't seem to matter to them mind you but still. I miss days when LucasFilm had it's own video game company LucasArts. It was that game company that released games like TIE Fighter and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I got a question, who would win Sfdebris Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor or Sith Warrior?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:58 pm Disney doesn't know how to make video games.
Right now they are acting dumber than Pamela Anderson in an iq competition but i say early MCU Disney could have pulled it off well.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:23 am
Right now they are acting dumber than Pamela Anderson in an iq competition but i say early MCU Disney could have pulled it off well.
The first wave MCU films did get games. They did not pull it off. At all.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.