Paranoia Agent

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Paranoia Agent

Post by TGLS »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:...wait a sec!

If Lil Slugger is just the dark side of Maromi and the nation's desire to escape/abdicate responsibility, then why they heck was he so scared of a bunch of ghosts? How exactly do they pose a threat to him or his agenda?
He wasn't afraid because they're ghosts, he was afraid because they're happy to see him. This is rather antithetical to the fact that he comes for those in despair.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Oh, I see. Thank you for explaining. :)
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Darmani
Officer

Post by Darmani »

TGLS wrote:
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:...wait a sec!

If Lil Slugger is just the dark side of Maromi and the nation's desire to escape/abdicate responsibility, then why they heck was he so scared of a bunch of ghosts? How exactly do they pose a threat to him or his agenda?
He wasn't afraid because they're ghosts, he was afraid because they're happy to see him. This is rather antithetical to the fact that he comes for those in despair.
First thank you the people who took me down a peg on profiling by being educational
Next it's because we're meant to realize there was a difference between him and them. Mainly it's also denunciation of perhaps the Romanticism of suicide. Which has been a massive problem in Japan for a century or so. Effectively killing themselves didn't romantically Elevate them or alleviate their problems. Also ghosts are pretty much living consequences. And if little Slugger is about Escape then at the very least having a bunch of consequences walking around proving that he's not doing his job right while at the same time hinting he doesn't know everything that's going on and encountering something sort of Beyond his ability to truly influence our resolve is going to smash his self conception and worldview.

little Slugger maybe Supernatural and different from normal people but he's not a ghost. More importantly he doesn't have the answers