Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:40 am okay, that all makes sense but the thing to remember is that non of this can be known with 100% certainty, so, even though the odds are very long, there is always the chance the ancient alien guys are right.

and whenever I see a video talking about stuff like the Nazca Lines, I never get the impression it's based on the idea that those people were too backwards to do it, it just happens to be something related to non white people. plus, the sources I consider worth entertaining never outright say these monuments and such were directly built by aliens witn absolutely no involvement from humans, at worst, they bring that up as a possibility but offer others such as "the aliens taught them some techniques and then they decided to use those techniques", which would still make the humans the actual creators.
No, it's based on the arrogant supposition of "if me and my bowling buddies couldn't accomplish this over a weekend, it must be aliens".
The Ancient Astronauts are always just a God-of-the-Gaps fudge factor. No thought is given to any further implications or reasons, just "I don't have a convenient explanation handy, therefor the explanation is aliens."

Have you ever seen an Ancient Astronauts theorist offer even a token supposition as to WHY alien beings incalculably advanced beyond us in techology so as to make interstellar travel feasable would traverse light-years of lifeless void just to teach some backwater screwheads how to pile rocks on top of each other in a more useful fashion?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:40 am okay, that all makes sense but the thing to remember is that non of this can be known with 100% certainty, so, even though the odds are very long, there is always the chance the ancient alien guys are right.
Yeah their explanation only make less sense than that. Energy wifi connection anyone
and whenever I see a video talking about stuff like the Nazca Lines, I never get the impression it's based on the idea that those people were too backwards to do it, it just happens to be something related to non white people. plus, the sources I consider worth entertaining never outright say these monuments and such were directly built by aliens witn absolutely no involvement from humans, at worst, they bring that up as a possibility but offer others such as "the aliens taught them some techniques and then they decided to use those techniques", which would still make the humans the actual creators.
No, it's based on the arrogant supposition of "if me and my bowling buddies couldn't accomplish this over a weekend, it must be aliens".
The Ancient Astronauts are always just a God-of-the-Gaps fudge factor. No thought is given to any further implications or reasons, just "I don't have a convenient explanation handy, therefor the explanation is aliens."

Have you ever seen an Ancient Astronauts theorist offer even a token supposition as to WHY alien beings incalculably advanced beyond us in techology so as to make interstellar travel feasable would traverse light-years of lifeless void just to teach some backwater screwheads how to pile rocks on top of each other in a more useful fashion?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 pm

wile I'll admit it's all speculation at this point, the why takes much more speculation then the who and how.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Listen, buddy, if you're going to advance this wild madcap "speculation", then you had better have a good follow-up.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:47 pm Listen, buddy, if you're going to advance this wild madcap "speculation", then you had better have a good follow-up.
the only reason why I can come up with I will admit, has unfortunate implication but if by chance, the ancient astronaut stuff is true, doesn't matter how uncomfortable it makes us. and that reason why would be alien colonialism.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I do think he should have show more passion to Star trek beyond.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:47 pm Listen, buddy, if you're going to advance this wild madcap "speculation", then you had better have a good follow-up.
the only reason why I can come up with I will admit, has unfortunate implication but if by chance, the ancient astronaut stuff is true, doesn't matter how uncomfortable it makes us. and that reason why would be alien colonialism.
And building pyramids and putting some lines into the ground in Nazca via a polka party is going to facilitate colonialism how exactly?
The british pushed the Indians away ever further, restricting their "Lebensraum" to the point it can be argued that it was a very slow genocide. The French more or less existed peacefully with the Indians. The Spaniards conquered the Indians and forcefully integrated them into their new colonial society. The aliens came, made us do some stupid, technically pointless shit and vanished forever. Do you see the disconnect there?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:42 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 am
And building pyramids and putting some lines into the ground in Nazca via a polka party is going to facilitate colonialism how exactly?
The british pushed the Indians away ever further, restricting their "Lebensraum" to the point it can be argued that it was a very slow genocide. The French more or less existed peacefully with the Indians. The Spaniards conquered the Indians and forcefully integrated them into their new colonial society. The aliens came, made us do some stupid, technically pointless shit and vanished forever. Do you see the disconnect there?
again, I'm not saying I firmly think this happened but if we are going to go down this line of thought, maybe Earth is a failed colony, that's why aliens aren't really around anymore.

and I meant the part of colonialism about "educating" the "primitives" and not really any other part of colonialism.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

If so why earth and no any ither planet that doesn't have life already.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:17 pm If so why earth and no any ither planet that doesn't have life already.
probably because we're the only habitable planet we have any real information on. maybe they also colonized some exaplanets but we wouldn't know till we invent faster then light travel.