Anime: Mobile Suit Gundam

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Asvarduil
Officer

Anime: Mobile Suit Gundam

Post by Asvarduil »

...First, Chuck: Thanks for reviewing this series.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing if you use the "I'm Jumping Onto White Base...Arrgh!" stupid statement dance mix (link)
Last edited by Asvarduil on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronnt
Officer

Re: Anime - Mobile Suit Gundam

Post by bronnt »

Man, that shot at Cleveland sports. Brutal.
SpacePaladin
Redshirt

Post by SpacePaladin »

"We're not as bad as the Nazis! When the Nazis exterminated people, they targeted powerless minorities. When we gas people, we do it regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality or gender identity! Who cares if one third of humanity is dead after one week of fighting!"
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Why is Chuck using the Sub for this one? The Dub for the trilogy is pretty good, it accurately gets across that Bright is British.
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

I never got into the mecha stuff as a kid or as a teen. But, if a show with a galaxy wide robot is supposed to be realistic... what does that make "Full Metal Panic!" ? (the exclamation mark is part of the title)

EDIT: Seems I might have confused Gundam with Lagan...oops.
Last edited by AlucardNoir on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Starbug
Officer

Post by Starbug »

What if a teenage boy had to pilot a giant robot that was controlled by touching breasts?

And I refuse to believe that such an anime doesn't exist, even though I refuse to Google the concept. I don't want to have to explain myself to the local police, but it's like Rule 34 of Manga/Anime: if you can imagine it, there is manga/anime of it. And quite possibly a CCG too.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

Zoinksberg
Officer

Post by Zoinksberg »

Enjoyed the review, but I think I should not have watched in the same room as my horses. Poor things, don't know what spooked them so badly...
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

Funny thing about Starship Troopers. it was made into an anime you can now see on youtube back in the 80's. I'm not kidding, take a look for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZty-Eol4s
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Starbug wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:47 pm What if a teenage boy had to pilot a giant robot that was controlled by touching breasts?

And I refuse to believe that such an anime doesn't exist, even though I refuse to Google the concept. I don't want to have to explain myself to the local police, but it's like Rule 34 of Manga/Anime: if you can imagine it, there is manga/anime of it. And quite possibly a CCG too.
The currently airing Darling in the Franxx has something similar.