Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

Post by Yukaphile »

I'll go down the list from his Star Trek reviews.

The Star Trek movies: The Admiral Janeway skit. "Oh Rick Berman, you... you didn't have to get me anything for Christmas."
TOS: When he was talking about the two crewmen that Kirk left behind who were wronged like Khan because Kirk just forgot about them.
VOY: The "Dark Frontier" excerpt about the Borg Queen being Dr. Evil. "Seven... you just don't get it, do you?"
TNG: His commentary on the Ferengi in "The Last Outpost." I could not stop laughing. It was simply superb.
DS9: When he mistook the Intrepid-class ship for Voyager. "Oh God we've jumped into the wrong show, why?!"
STD: Haven't seen these reviews yet.

And then from the films, it would be how the Joker came to be in The Dark Knight review.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Wargriffin
Captain

Re: Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

Post by Wargriffin »

This gag from Parallels is always the one I think of when I think of Chuck
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

"Bunny cat, you disgust me."
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

Anytime Chuck sings. In addition to the obvious one from the Generations review, there's also the Insurrection review and the always-raises-a-chortle 'Oh he's got no hair and he's dressed like a twerp and they call him Picard, ho!'
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

For some reason, his "shutdown" at The Doctor touching the, as Robert Picardo has called it, Seat of Power in "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" always makes me laugh.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Any Harry Kim gay joke does it for me - mainly because it is so obvious that he is gay that either the scriptwriters were oblivious or too cowardly to do anything about it (probably both though lets be honest).

The one in Emanations was my personal fave where Harry has a very hot woman one step away from ravaging him and all he can think of is the teleporter platform that will still be there in the twenty minutes it takes for him to bed her. ''There is more to life than sex certainly, but my God man, what's the urgency here?''

Non-Sequitur is a great runner up, where Harry leaves his willing and ready girlfriend to go and fawn over Tom. Although *cough* there are dubious consent issues with him bedding this woman as he isn't technically HER Harry... and that may have been what he was thinking... ah, well; the joke still makes me laugh out loud even if it is now a lot darker when fridge logic is applied.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

A jedi uses only uses the force for defense, never attack. that is what the flamethrowers are for
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

@clearspira I resemble Harry Kim in a lot of ways, or at least the parody version, besides him being gay (I am cis-het), so hearing SF Debris joke about Harry like that is both sometimes hilarious, sometimes worrisome. Also, that was "Prime Factors!" Not "Emanations!" :P

@ORCACommander That was PURE win! "FLAME ON!"
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I'm sure that Harry isn't aware of his true sexuality either.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:16 am @clearspira I resemble Harry Kim in a lot of ways, or at least the parody version, besides him being gay (I am cis-het), so hearing SF Debris joke about Harry like that is both sometimes hilarious, sometimes worrisome. Also, that was "Prime Factors!" Not "Emanations!" :P

@ORCACommander That was PURE win! "FLAME ON!"
Ah, you're right. Those season 1 episodes blend into one lol.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.