Clone Wars: Arc Troopers

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
GandALF
Officer

Clone Wars: Arc Troopers

Post by GandALF »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/clonewars3e02.php

Mr. Burns didn't have anything to say about Asajj's kiss which cartoon network felt the need to censor? Or maybe that's not "almost".
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Re: Clone Wars: Arc Troopers

Post by SuccubusYuri »

That scene was censored, so I am actually wondering if Chuck is working off such a cut and he doesn't know, or if that's somehow a meta part of the joke xD Because it feels like it should be part of the gag.

I mean it has arguably become the iconic scene of the episode, both for the controversy and also making panties everywhere burst into flames. because...woof.

I do, admittedly, love the bickering between Asajj and Grievous. Half the time I'm expecting Alucard to come around and the corner and say "If you're getting into a dick-measuring contest with a woman, you must have started with nature's cruelest handicap".
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

SuccubusYuri wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:08 pmI do, admittedly, love the bickering between Asajj and Grievous. Half the time I'm expecting Alucard to come around and the corner and say "If you're getting into a dick-measuring contest with a woman, you must have started with nature's cruelest handicap".
Well, Grievous is a mutilated, alien cyborg. ;)
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

I am not usually one for "your mom" jokes but this one really made me chuckle.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

A good review for a great episode. And I don't think Chuck is going off of a censored version, because to my knowledge all the Blu-Rays and DVD's are uncut.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

This was a fantastic episode. And yes, I'm surprised Chuck didn't have something to say about that stabbing/kiss scene.

This episode had Grievous using good tactics and being a formidable fighter, the droids being a legit threat, the clones being awesome, a moving and epic death from the great one, 99 (I guess chuck isn't a hockey fan, there was no Wayne Gretzky jokes). It was just solid and entertaining all around.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Grievous really finally got to take off as a threat the moment they stopped applying the 'Dirty Coward never prosper' affect he had

Grievous is suppose to be a tactical genius, there is no such thing as fighting "dirty" to him.

^^^^
Chuck's from the North but not that North sadly XD
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
BlackoutCreature2
Officer

Post by BlackoutCreature2 »

I never understood why the Republic was so gung ho on using Jango Fett's DNA for the clones until the end. They already said they were running low on viable samples from him, and honestly he has questionable loyalties, dodgy ethics and got his ass kicked by Mace Windu pretty easily. Nothing about that suggests "perfect soldier" to me. As soon as the war started and Jango died they should have begun a galaxy-wide search for a replacement to provide new DNA samples.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

BlackoutCreature2 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:44 pm I never understood why the Republic was so gung ho on using Jango Fett's DNA for the clones until the end. They already said they were running low on viable samples from him, and honestly he has questionable loyalties, dodgy ethics and got his ass kicked by Mace Windu pretty easily. Nothing about that suggests "perfect soldier" to me. As soon as the war started and Jango died they should have begun a galaxy-wide search for a replacement to provide new DNA samples.
You know I have such a low opinion of the Jedi that it wouldn't surprise if, without a hint of self awareness, they logiced it out as "but if we have multiple clone models that might introduce a caste system to the clone army, and we can't have that."

I mean we know that on the political side Palpatine has already put a lot of eggs into this basket.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

There are whole episodes about how the senate is divided on paying for more clones. The Republic does not run on Federation hocus pocus economics.