Godzilla Raids Again

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Godzilla Raids Again

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

http://sfdebris.com/videos/films/godzillaraidsagain.php

Personally, I've always pronounced Anguirus as it's spelled.
Rodan56
Officer

Re: Godzilla Raids Again

Post by Rodan56 »

So when he says "Godzilla's Triumphant Return" he means "King Kong Vs Godzilla" right? I mean, sure, it's early consiering the remake is in 2020, but still...

Whatever, I'm just glad we'll be seeing more Godzilla soon.
Garthis
Redshirt

Post by Garthis »

I love your work and have been watching for years but I have one suggestion. Next time there is a character that has a name that is too complex or unusual to pronounce then put the name on the screen so others can see how difficult it is. I can understand why you wouldn't do this but its sometimes fun to share the pain.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Rodan56 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 pm So when he says "Godzilla's Triumphant Return" he means "King Kong Vs Godzilla" right? I mean, sure, it's early consiering the remake is in 2020, but still...

I would guess it's Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, considering the upcoming film.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

As long as we get to Mechagodzilla or DESTROYAAAAAH!
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Linkara
Officer

Post by Linkara »

I'd like to think Godzilla fans are a little more forgiving of the names thing than, say, Gundam fans because the Godzilla movies themselves don't take a lot of this seriously and they rename the monsters all the time. Hell, even the title character has two friggin' names.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fun to read Linkara posts as if you're watching a video.
Power laces... alright.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

Archanubis wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:00 am
Rodan56 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 pm So when he says "Godzilla's Triumphant Return" he means "King Kong Vs Godzilla" right? I mean, sure, it's early consiering the remake is in 2020, but still...

I would guess it's Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster, considering the upcoming film.
King Kong vs Godzilla is the next movie in the series though, so it's likely the one being referenced.
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

So its really pedantic but in terms of the Agents of Shield reference, wouldn't destroying the lighthouse make you no fan of the season 5 that featured the lighthouse rather than season 1 which had no lighthouse?

Also no reference to/lame joke about Kobayashi/Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek) (I realize Kobayashi is probably a very common Japanese name such that in general jokes would be a stretch but still)? To obvious (I sometimes think Chuck intentionally avoids the most obvious jokes)?

Anyway an interesting look at a movie that probably gets overlooked a fair bit. I have not seen many Godzilla movies (maybe 3). It is always interesting to see what Chuck sees in something even if it is a stretch. I am curious how the camera operator managed to reverse instruction (shoot at double time rather than in slow mo) for the entire set of scenes of the monsters battling. Presumably the time crunch meant they shot them all without a chance to see how the scenes were looking between takes etc. working without a net.

So in this one Godzilla devastates Osaka (I think that was also the case in vs. Biollante?), so do all major Japanese cities get a visit from big G or does he mostly just destroy Tokyo?

I have actually seen King Kong vs. Godzilla though I don't remember much its nice to actually have seen stuff Chuck is talking about for contrast, so I hope we see that soon.
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

AllanO wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:59 pmAlso no reference to/lame joke about Kobayashi/Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek) (I realize Kobayashi is probably a very common Japanese name such that in general jokes would be a stretch but still)? To obvious (I sometimes think Chuck intentionally avoids the most obvious jokes)?
Among the ten most used surnames in Japan.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox