DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Makeshift Python
Captain

DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

Post by Makeshift Python »

Whether Chuck ends up lovin’ it, hating it, or just meh all around, I look forward to his opinion of the first season of this series that for better or worse generated a lot of debates among fans. At least, I personally had fun.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

Post by Karha of Honor »

Makeshift Python wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 am Whether Chuck ends up lovin’ it, hating it, or just meh all around, I look forward to his opinion of the first season of this series that for better or worse generated a lot of debates among fans. At least, I personally had fun.
Is this the one with Klingon games?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:07 am
Makeshift Python wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 am Whether Chuck ends up lovin’ it, hating it, or just meh all around, I look forward to his opinion of the first season of this series that for better or worse generated a lot of debates among fans. At least, I personally had fun.
Quj ghewmey chu' tlhInganpu'.
Power laces... alright.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:07 am
Quj ghewmey chu' tlhInganpu'.
Nau'ur
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I think it's just scandalous Chuck has blasted Voyager or Enterprise worse than STD. I hope he ends by commenting it's not Star Trek, and didn't live up to its potential, because it's worse than Voyager or Enterprise.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 am I think it's just scandalous Chuck has blasted Voyager or Enterprise worse than STD. I hope he ends by commenting it's not Star Trek, and didn't live up to its potential, because it's worse than Voyager or Enterprise.
Star Trek hasn’t been Star Trek since 1969. Only real fans would know this, you fake nerrrrdddd.

Seriously though, it’s his opinion. If he likes it, consider listening to why he may hold that opinion so that you can at least understand even if you disagree. If he hates it, calls it worse than VOYAGER, that it’s not real Star Trek, and The Orville is the second coming, you can rejoice.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Oh his chosen waifu might have an opinion of it's own. That must be hard to swallow.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 am I think it's just scandalous Chuck has blasted Voyager or Enterprise worse than STD. I hope he ends by commenting it's not Star Trek, and didn't live up to its potential, because it's worse than Voyager or Enterprise.
There is no Neelix on DISCO, things kinda make sense, not scientificaslly of course, but in the plot.

DISCO does not have a prison cell that is a line in front of you.

I remember VOY better but there is no fucking way it's worse than Voyager.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Chuck doesn't shout and scream on anything other than the absolute worst anymore though. Probably because he has seen so much crap that he has become immune to ''conventionally bad.'' And that is how I feel Chuck will rate it because he hasn't ranted and he hasn't sung it either.
As an aside, I note that you have named this thread DIS instead of STD. You can immediately tell the views of the person in question by what they shorten this show to. I'm not mocking or judging or anything like that, it just made me chuckle at how badly this show has fractured the fanbase that three letters can now be a point of contention.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Zoinksberg
Officer

Post by Zoinksberg »

Quite the sign of the times when someone will refer to a reviewer disliking a show, but not disliking it enough, as a scandal.