Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

WRONG, you need to see at least the first 11 episodes of the old FMA series, Brotherhood rushed through that part of the series assuming fans already knew it.

I normally support Chuck's Dub decisions, but I really don't wanna listen to Vic Mignona right now.
Call me KuudereKun
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Post by Mecha82 »

Maybe that's why I like Brotherhood so much, I had seen original anime adaption before it which helped a lot. Also I understand why you don't want to listen Vic Mignona right now and I can't blame you.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I thought we had an FMA topic?
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

If you guys don't want to listen to the dub you can always watch it with subs. :roll:
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

OP was talking about review, not about watching series itself. Chuck prefers to use dubs so that's what he uses when ever he can when ever he reviews anime.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
AuRon
Officer

Post by AuRon »

Another FMA thread? As long as its here, I'll just briefly post my (probably unpopular) opinions.

I prefer the dubbed version. In fact, I prefer dubs in general.

I don't know if Vic is guilty of the things he's accused of. Like Michael Jackson, I've heard conflicting things, and I'm not going to make assumptions either way.

I strongly prefer the 2003 series over Brotherhood, and feel Brotherhood is overrated.

I would've preferred SFDebris review the first series, but if people want him to review Brotherhood instead then that's fine. Although, I definitely don't agree with the practice of watching the early episodes of 2003 and then switching to Brotherhood, for a number of reasons. First of all, I feel that doing that is a disservice to the (imo superior) first series. Secondly, even in those early episodes there are a number of contradictions and inconsistencies between the two versions. For example, In one of the first episodes of 2003 Winry finds out what's in Ed's watch. But in Brotherhood this happens in a later episode, under very different circumstances. The date in the watch is also different in the two versions. Not to mention the differences in tone, music, voice actors (in both sub and dub), and animation in the two versions. They are two different shows and should be treated as such.

These are just my opinions of course.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

I searched a for an existing FMA thread and couldn't find one.
Call me KuudereKun
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Well have a Moderator merge the threads then.
Call me KuudereKun
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:27 pm I searched a for an existing FMA thread and couldn't find one.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox