Star Trek Into Darkness Review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
dunebat
Redshirt

Star Trek Into Darkness Review

Post by dunebat »

I notice Chuck didn't score this film in his review, let alone provide an "Annoying Character" or list any other awards for the movie (like "Lazarus of the Week", which would certainly fit Kirk, who I would submit, should also be the "Annoying Character" of the film).

My question is then...

"Damn. I knew the film was bad, but was it that bad?"

(In all honesty: I'm making a chart of the ratings of Trek episodes in Chuck's Opinionated Review guides, and the missing data there is making my OCD flare up. Somebody please ease my mental torment here!)
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness Review

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Christmas reviews are special like that.
Power laces... alright.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Are they, though?

(non-Christmas, I think, but included for completeness): VOY - Threshold, Score 0, Stupid Neelix Moment sending Torres away to the kitchen so he can try to help design a warp engine
12/25/10: ENT - A Night in Sickbay, Score 0, Annoying Character Archer
12/25/11: TNG - Code of Honor, Score 0, Annoying Character Lutan
12/25/12: DS9 - Profit and Lace, Score 0, Annoying Character All-Way-Tie-For-First-Place
12/25/13: Doctor Who - The Twin Dilemma, Score THE WORST, no Annoying Character because it's not Trek
12/25/14: Stargate SG-1 - Emancipation, Score THE WORST, no Annoying Character because it's not Trek
12/25/15: TOS - And The Children Shall Lead, Score 0, Annoying Character Tommy
12/25/16: TAS - The Infinite Vulcan, Score 0, Annoying Character Keniclius' wardrobe
12/25/17: Babylon 5 - TKO, Score Avoid, no Annoying Character because it's not Trek
12/25/18: Star Trek Into Darkness, no score, no Annoying Character
Rawbeard
Redshirt

Post by Rawbeard »

there was an Into Darkness review? I... completely forgot. even now I am not entirely sure.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/film12.php
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

I guess we'll just assume it's 0 then.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Does that mean he thinks it's worse than both Nemesis and The Final Frontier? I certainly hate it more than those movies but for some reason I thought Chuck would give it more a 2 or 1 rather than 0.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Beelzquill wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:48 pm Does that mean he thinks it's worse than both Nemesis and The Final Frontier? I certainly hate it more than those movies but for some reason I thought Chuck would give it more a 2 or 1 rather than 0.
Given the review, the 0 is well-earned.

I happen to agree. I even think that, if I were forced to give only one of them a zero, it would barely edge out Nemesis from that slot.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I surely don't agree with Chuck when it comes to Into Darkness for one simple reason. I actually found it enjoyable unlike case with Nemesis and Final Frontier. Personally I would rank Into Darkness above other two as well as Generations and Insurrection. Then again I don't hate Kelvinverse either so that also helps.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Can you show me the chart.