Beast Wars: Before the Storm

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CareerKnight
Officer

Beast Wars: Before the Storm

Post by CareerKnight »

http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/beastwars24.php

This episode does a good job of getting the audience excited for the season finale. Its also is the first real start of the Megatron vs Tarantulas subplot that runs through the rest of the show which I enjoyed (course them both being among my all time favorite villians probably helps).

I really love Tigatron's speech at the end which left such an impression on me that when it looked like Blizzard was going to do something similar in WoW (with the Titans returning) I immediately thought of it (handful of expansions and several retcons later and I don't think its going to happen at this point).

No idea what the fanbase's overall opinion of the Vok is especially with their multiple choice origin since the show creators couldn't agree on one. Personally i think they're fine even if there are quite a few unanswered questions (the whole "the danger is greater than you know" thing stands out for one).
Ghilz
Officer

Re: Beast Wars: Before the Storm

Post by Ghilz »

I think the Vok end up being rather unmemorable. We know so little about them that nothing really ever sticks out to memory.

The whole danger thing basically turns out to be nothing at all in the grand scope of things, which only makes them more forgetable.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

I forget how funny this show was.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

The Vok pretty much only show up three times in the show proper and each time is a massive game changer with over arcing consequences
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Megabob452
Redshirt

Post by Megabob452 »

Eh... the second appearance of the Vok didn't do much in the grand scheme of things. They remove two characters that had all but vanished already, deploy a mobile base that gets hijacked/destroyed, which removes the second golden disk. At best it steers Megaton back toward his original plan by removing alternatives to the "kill Optimus Prime" scenario. It's a good two parter nevertheless, but not on the same level that Other Voices was.
Starsong
Redshirt

Post by Starsong »

I loved it when he talked to his dino head. I always assumed the T-rex head had the T-rex brain. It was like Megatron's pet and really who else is he going to talk to. The rest are probably stupider then the T-rex.
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

Starsong wrote: It was like Megatron's pet and really who else is he going to talk to. The rest are probably stupider then the T-rex.
Blackarachnia "Why do you always talk to yourself?"
Megatron "I simply have a penchant for intelligent conversation."
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Wargriffin wrote:The Vok pretty much only show up three times in the show proper and each time is a massive game changer with over arcing consequences
The Vok actions have big IMPACTS, but as characters, they are boring. You could replace them with anything doing basically the same thing they are doing (Quintessons or whatever) and the story would barely change.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

Starsong wrote:I loved it when he talked to his dino head. I always assumed the T-rex head had the T-rex brain. It was like Megatron's pet and really who else is he going to talk to. The rest are probably stupider then the T-rex.
What about his rubber ducky? We all know Rubber Ducky was the true mastermind behind the Predacons ;)
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Considering the reveals with Tarantulas as the end of the series, I think if they'd had one more season, or even just a few more episodes, we would have gotten some payoff on the Vok. Sadly, season 3 was allll about "show off each brand new toy in depth" so that every single episode was about something getting a new design and that got in the way of any other plot they may have had... Something they just got out of the way with the entire cast in the first three minutes of season 2 which may be why season 2 is the strongest of the lot. (Also the Dinobot character arc. extra shame that season 3 cut the awesome sounding Dinobot episode because it was "too dark"... ah well.)

As opposed to Beast Machines which was all new writers and showrunners.