Upcoming Review: Gravity Falls - Season 1

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Trinary
Officer

Upcoming Review: Gravity Falls - Season 1

Post by Trinary »

I can't speak for anyone else, naturally, but I'm really looking forward to SF Debris' look at Gravity Falls. I've been told that at the time of this post, 17 out of the 20 episodes of Season 1 have been requested and are in the queue. My completionist tendencies, to say nothing for my fondness for the show, are irked at the idea of covering all but three episodes. Would anyone else like to chip in and help cover the costs of the covering the last three episodes?
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Upcoming Review: Gravity Falls - Season 1

Post by Steve »

I'd intended to try, but I'm rather tapped out for the month. But if you can get together a drive to cover the rest and are short ten or fifteen bucks, let me know and I'll put you over the top.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

As of Wednesday all of them are in the queue apparently. https://twitter.com/sfdebris/status/1174406277159669760
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

As they are sold out, if you want to buy an episode, I suggest an episode of Blake's 7. I know it is tempting me.
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

I've been trying to hold off on making too many requests, knowing how many Chuck likely ends up doing. So, in general, I'm waiting for one of my requests to be filmed before I go through with making another one. Of course, I kinda made that request years ago, so... I have no idea where it is in the queue right now. I'd probably have a better shot at getting it if I became a patreon now that I think about it.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Rodan56 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 pm I've been trying to hold off on making too many requests, knowing how many Chuck likely ends up doing. So, in general, I'm waiting for one of my requests to be filmed before I go through with making another one. Of course, I kinda made that request years ago, so... I have no idea where it is in the queue right now. I'd probably have a better shot at getting it if I became a patreon now that I think about it.
Well I'm really trying to push forward. Next month I'll be covering 30 separate episodes (Walking Dead, 3 B5, 4 X-Files, 15 Gravity Falls, 4 anime, 3 Star Treks), plus 2 films and a Short Treks. I'd get into it more but I'm off to work on the demonstrable application of psychological phenomena in Terra Prime.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

And a wild Chuck has appeared! I'm gonna catch it! Go, BridgeConsoleMasher! Use Forum Blast!
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

SFDebris wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:26 am
Rodan56 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:05 pm I've been trying to hold off on making too many requests, knowing how many Chuck likely ends up doing. So, in general, I'm waiting for one of my requests to be filmed before I go through with making another one. Of course, I kinda made that request years ago, so... I have no idea where it is in the queue right now. I'd probably have a better shot at getting it if I became a patreon now that I think about it.
Well I'm really trying to push forward. Next month I'll be covering 30 separate episodes (Walking Dead, 3 B5, 4 X-Files, 15 Gravity Falls, 4 anime, 3 Star Treks), plus 2 films and a Short Treks. I'd get into it more but I'm off to work on the demonstrable application of psychological phenomena in Terra Prime.
I want it make clear that I meant no disrespect, clearly you have a busy schedule and I'm not one to nag about stuff. Especially since, I requested a film and those take time and are lower priority given this series primarily covers television. I have no real expectations about it being filmed sooner than others.

I apologize for sounding ungrateful, sir. I hope you understand it was not intended that way. Again, I'm more than aware you're busy and a lot of other people make requests. Next time I'll go through more proper channels.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Rodan56 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:32 am
SFDebris wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:26 am
I want it make clear that I meant no disrespect, clearly you have a busy schedule and I'm not one to nag about stuff. Especially since, I requested a film and those take time and are lower priority given this series primarily covers television. I have no real expectations about it being filmed sooner than others.

I apologize for sounding ungrateful, sir. I hope you understand it was not intended that way. Again, I'm more than aware you're busy and a lot of other people make requests. Next time I'll go through more proper channels.
No no no no no no no no no no!

No!

I bit off far more than I could chew, I've no one to blame for that but myself, and everyone who is waiting has every right to be disappointed in me. I only hoped to perhaps show that I'm doing my best to make amends for a long string of bad decisions.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

SFDebris wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:03 pm
No no no no no no no no no no!

No!

I bit off far more than I could chew, I've no one to blame for that but myself, and everyone who is waiting has every right to be disappointed in me. I only hoped to perhaps show that I'm doing my best to make amends for a long string of bad decisions.
Honestly at this rate someone needs to go win a Globnar to get you a Time Wish to deal with the queue. ;) (You'll find out what I'm talking about eventually.)

Alternatively, a time dilation chamber. You can use it to make your videos, do a day's work and sleep, then leave and it's only ten minutes since you walked in. :)

(On a more serious note, you needn't apologize, and while I can't speak for everyone, I know I enjoy the content regardless of when it comes.)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!