Is Anyone else having Issues with loading Older Reviews?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Winter
Captain

Is Anyone else having Issues with loading Older Reviews?

Post by Winter »

Seriously, go check out the Trek films and most of the older Trek Reviews. All I'm getting is the old, "We're moving Videos to New Web Site" image when Chuck was moving to Vimeo. Is this happening with everyone else or is it just me?
Kendrakirai
Officer

Re: Is Anyone else having Issues with loading Older Reviews?

Post by Kendrakirai »

As said in technical problems board, all we really know is CBS is being jerks again.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Kendrakirai wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 am As said in technical problems board, all we really know is CBS is being jerks again.
Okay so it's not just me. Well hope it's finished soon. Thanks for responding! :)
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Chuck sent out a patreon update recently. The gist of it is that CBS sent out a second copywrite takedown of a review. Since a "fair use" counter-claim seem to just get ignored, this puts the SFdebris hosting on vimeo under real threat as one more claim with shut down the entire Vimeo account.

All the Trek reviews are being moved to daily motion as a precaution. This is a ton of work and unfortunately will take a lot of time to complete.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

So this effects only Star Trek reviews then he doesn't have to remove any other content to Dailymotion right?
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

This is why I admire Chuck. This must be the fifth(?) time he has had to move host and he never fails to do so. So many others would just shake their heads and give up by now. I miss Blip and I miss pre-Google Youtube. I don't remember half this crap back then.

Having said that (and this is not a criticism but a ''perhaps in the future'' piece of advice for Chuck) a Patreon statement really isn't enough as only a fraction of us are on there. A Youtube vid linked to the website and Twitter would reach 99% of everyone. And given how many duplicate threads are being made on the subject it is clear that communication has been lacking lets be fair.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

He may not have wanted to give the full details publically.
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

I do not appear to be able to watch the latest Squire of Gothos review, either - on the SFDebris imbed, it's there and plays but it won't go to full screen (so it's not really watchable) and it is apparently set to private on Dailymotion if I try using "copy link location."

Because, y'know, you guys weren't having problems enough...
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Aotrs Commander wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:06 pm I do not appear to be able to watch the latest Squire of Gothos review, either - on the SFDebris imbed, it's there and plays but it won't go to full screen (so it's not really watchable) and it is apparently set to private on Dailymotion if I try using "copy link location."

Because, y'know, you guys weren't having problems enough...
What browser are you using that full screen doesn't work?
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Works fine for me in Edge and Chrome.