Doctor Who- Face the Raven.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Doctor Who- Face the Raven.

Post by Thebestoftherest »

So what was everyone thoughts.
[url]https://www.sfdebris.com/videos/doctorwho/s35e10.php[/url]
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Doctor Who- Face the Raven.

Post by Mecha82 »

While I generally like Gabaldi's run this one and two after that are far from being my favorites. I might have tolerated Clara but in ths one she was no longer that and she started to get to my nerves. Way she acts in this one was so reckless throwing her own life like that before Doctor even started to investigate.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Mary Sue fanfic accidentally gets filmed.
hypocratus
Redshirt

Post by hypocratus »

I had taken breaks from the show before, i.e. the Doctor's Tinkerbell moment in an earlier series, but I had always come back. This three part arc was what led me to stop watching Doctor Who permanently. Not this episode in particular, but events that result from this episode.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I feel like they needed someone who could have told Moffet no.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

What was people thoughts on the street itself.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:08 pm What was people thoughts on the street itself.
It was a rip off from the town of Little Caldwell from Kate Orman's infinitely superior Seventh Doctor novel "Return of the Living Dad", mixed with Harry Potter's Diagon Alley.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Clara is tied with Rose as the worst New Who companion imo. Both are treated in-universe as having the sun shining out of their arse no matter how much carnage they leave in their wake.

They would get on great with Jean Grey.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

hay guys i read someware that( i think it was tv tropes or the DWwiki) clara had marked on a calender 3 months that led to a BIG fan theory that she only had 3 months to live so that is why she acted the way she did. but why she never told THE DOCTOR that pokes a hole the size of belgium. :roll:
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

clearspira wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 pm Clara is tied with Rose as the worst New Who companion imo. Both are treated in-universe as having the sun shining out of their arse no matter how much carnage they leave in their wake.

They would get on great with Jean Grey.
Late stage Rose was pretty insufferable; up until the first Cyberman story (the two parter where they went to the parallel Earth) she was decent enough, an accessible character for millennials to relate to, but post that she just got stupidly OP'd. Especially by the time of Turn Left, she was just overused. The thing that makes a truly great DW companion is knowing when it is time for them to leave, and both RTD and Moffat have not had the greatest track record on that. I'll say this for JNT, when both Adric and later Mel proved irritating for the viewers, he wasn't shy about shuffling them out of the show in perfunctory ways.

The best scene Mel had in her entire run was her goodbye scene and the Doctor's "Days like crazy paving" speech. I hope Chuck comments on it when he gets to Dragonfire. If we'd had more scenes like that, then we'd have enjoyed Mel a lot more. And I say that as someone who actually liked Mel and Bonnie Langford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYeAwGXs9jI
Last edited by CrypticMirror on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.