Heaven sent

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Heaven sent

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Figure I get this one done and out of the way since it comes out today.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Heaven sent

https://sfdebris.com/videos/doctorwho/s35e11.php

A good story sandwich between two horrible stories.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Nice concept, shame about where it comes in the show's history. If this had been a Tennant era episode, then it would be solid gold. As it is, it is at best pyrites.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I do think they needed new talent.
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

I think the doctor was the right choice for it. The issue was the episodes on either side of it. It could have been a fantastic stand alone episode or part of a two parter. Instead it comes from almost no where and goes almost no where. You could skip it and you'd miss nothing beyond 'the one good episode'.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

A time lord takes days to die. Doctor was cremated in impossible astronaut. Master was cremated after Doctor was cured of being Dobby the house Elf. Instead of being respectful funerals, these were ghastly tortures on living people.

The ****ing shovel. Doctor could have defended himself from the Headless Monk AND broken the unbreakable wall much sooner.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

chuck, i am with you on the castle with a a big pile of skulls thing,I have a lot folks in my past who were down right horribly cruel to me who are still alive and free,so the skull pile idea is well quite cathartic to me! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Last edited by Nightbeat74 on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I remember not liking this one and I still don't. It's not bad idea to have Doctor trapped and trying to find his way out but execution was lacking.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Mecha82 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:57 pm I remember not liking this one and I still don't. It's not bad idea to have Doctor trapped and trying to find his way out but execution was lacking.
I don't agree he was executed quite a bit
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

I think Heaven Sent was a really good episode, too bad the following episode ruins everything.