Review: Short Trek: Escapist Artist.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Review: Short Trek: Escapist Artist.

Post by Thebestoftherest »

[url]https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/st04.php[/url]

So what everyone thought on the video?
Nealithi
Captain

Re: Review: Short Trek: Escapist Artist.

Post by Nealithi »

Each one an android. Meaning he found the android world and has done better this time than in TOS. But it really makes me think Discovery is in the Kelvin timeline.

As to the trick? I got a laugh on that one.

Though I miss the mustache of the original.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

This episode was Harry Mudd being Harry Mudd. What's not to love? Unless of course you hate Harry Mudd.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

He has a decade to grow the stache in.

This feel more like Mudd than his appearance in the series. Collecting the multiple bounties on his head himself using androids is a scheme he would so get behind.

You know, it would be fun to have a Short Trek series that covers all time periods. So one episode could be in the TNG era, another could be Deep Space Nine, yet another could be Enterprise. It would be a chance to tell stories the series just couldn't tell.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

i love funny stories like this,it is a nice break from all the grimdark eagey stories we see far to much of.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Al-1701 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:30 pm He has a decade to grow the stache in.

This feel more like Mudd than his appearance in the series. Collecting the multiple bounties on his head himself using androids is a scheme he would so get behind.

You know, it would be fun to have a Short Trek series that covers all time periods. So one episode could be in the TNG era, another could be Deep Space Nine, yet another could be Enterprise. It would be a chance to tell stories the series just couldn't tell.
i think that is where they are going with it and they do not need to be live action trek does have a past with cartoons after all :lol: and for me i have always wondered how Data got his cat spot!
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

Nightbeat74 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:36 pm

i think that is where they are going with it and they do not need to be live action trek does have a past with cartoons after all :lol: and for me i have always wondered how Data got his cat spot!
Didn't "Data's Day" show him getting Spot?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

This one looks like it was an actual fun, smart episode. There's probably only so long Harry can go on before word gets out about the scheme, but even after then it might work a little because if you catch a Harry you might not know it's the Harry you want, unless you have a tricorder.

Or see if their spine lights up during sex, but is any bounty really worth that?
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Al-1701 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:50 pm
Nightbeat74 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Didn't "Data's Day" show him getting Spot?
no it just shows him with spot.
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

Oh. I hadn't seen the episode in a long time, so I forgot the cat was just suddenly there.

I wonder how they came to the decision to give Data a cat in the first place.

Exec 1: "Data needs to be more relatable to the audience."
Exec 2: "Let's give him a pet."
Exec 1: "BRILLIANT!"