Picard - Remembrance

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MerelyAFan
Officer

Picard - Remembrance

Post by MerelyAFan »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/p101.php

It begins...
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Picard - Remembrance

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Oh shit. SF Debris is definitely someone I'm curious to hear from about this show.
Power laces... alright.
93ImperatorPenguin
Redshirt

Post by 93ImperatorPenguin »

I'm just going to throw this grenade in here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRWsFMLzGGJKLnAXJ9U93_A

It's indirectly related to this series. But I'm doing it anyway.

Also... the Romulans got a better deal in STO.
Valikdu
Redshirt

Post by Valikdu »

93ImperatorPenguin wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:32 pm Also... the Romulans got a better deal in STO.
Yeah, I remember there being an interesting storyline in STO.

Maybe this will actually make me go re-check it out.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:20 pm Oh shit. SF Debris is definitely someone I'm curious to hear from about this show.
Same here. I'm really not sure what direction his views are likely to go in; my best guess is "OK", but he'll lay in to one or two bits.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Riedquat wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:44 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:20 pm Oh shit. SF Debris is definitely someone I'm curious to hear from about this show.
Same here. I'm really not sure what direction his views are likely to go in; my best guess is "OK", but he'll lay in to one or two bits.
Also nonetheless it's interesting that new Star Trek episodes is a generative format for a show on this site.
Power laces... alright.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Ah Star Trek: Picard. The most expensive ST series, yet everything there looks cheaper than an Enterprise episode. Big buildings, large spaces, large ships, huge planets, yet everything feels very small. High stakes like having the galaxy about to be destroyed for the nth time, yet by the end it feels like there was no danger. Big questions that get lame answers. Beloved characters that either turn into washed out caricatures, or get assassinated both literally and figuratively. Dealing with Brexit and Trump except they didn't. Jerking our chain on any space battles. Replacing the real Picard with plastic Picard, to match the tone and theme of the series. Voyager castrated the Borg? Bitch, we'll literally chop them into pieces! Oh look, remember this? Nostalgia!
What a waste.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Damn you Covid-19, we could have had The Orville season 3 by now.

I have no further comment.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
jadenova
Officer

Post by jadenova »

Deadpool? That's the closet you can do to an X-Men joke?
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

jadenova wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm Deadpool? That's the closet you can do to an X-Men joke?
You missed the "Picard's mind powers" part?
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope