TNG The Outrageous Okana

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

TNG The Outrageous Okana

Post by TGLS »

Is my memory faulty, or did was The Outrageous Okana changed to use the Voyager intro music?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Re: TNG The Outrageous Okana

Post by clearspira »

I seem to remember that this review was made back at a time when he was having problems with the copyright to 99 Red Balloons.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

99 Balloons is copyrighted, who was the asshole to abuse that crap....ohh, that turd of a studio with critic-hate lawyers.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
PerrySimm
Captain

Re: TNG The Outrageous Okona

Post by PerrySimm »

I like the implication, "The Outrageous Okona" might just be the very first episode of Voyager!
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
MerelyAFan
Officer

Post by MerelyAFan »

PerrySimm wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 am I like the implication, "The Outrageous Okona" might just be the very first episode of Voyager!
Which is odd given that a Trek story featuring a supposedly likable captain whose apparent positive qualities are all said rather than shown and who essentially amounts to a person of very basic competence treated as being far more impressive than he actually is...

...would suggest its the first episode of Enterprise.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Captain Kirk ****s the Alien Babes.

Riker makes a big deal that the Second Directive forbids the Captain from ****ing the Alien Babes, first officer must do that duty.

But Okona is the only person on his ship, so he has to **** the Babes.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

MerelyAFan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:23 pm
PerrySimm wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 am I like the implication, "The Outrageous Okona" might just be the very first episode of Voyager!
Which is odd given that a Trek story featuring a supposedly likable captain whose apparent positive qualities are all said rather than shown and who essentially amounts to a person of very basic competence treated as being far more impressive than he actually is...

...would suggest its the first episode of Enterprise.
No, this is a supposedly likable freighter captain whose apparent positive qualities are all said rather than shown...

Which suggests he's proto-Neelix.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Artabax wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:41 pm Captain Kirk ****s the Alien Babes.

Riker makes a big deal that the Second Directive forbids the Captain from ****ing the Alien Babes, first officer must do that duty.

But Okona is the only person on his ship, so he has to **** the Babes.
And the first narration of Treks idealism destroying the entire human race, with cultural-to-gentic genocide.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

?
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

*sigh* When you make love to a significant other and are ready to bring new life into the world, you MUST sacrifice parts of your culture and lifeworks to the newborn.
What Trek does is the complete opposite...No, its beyond opposite, its a servant of Chaos. No cultural sacrifice of lovers or educating the newborn to friendly challenge the system, which is more terrifying when you read the precursor to Orwell's 1964.

In Trek terms: Fuck life, Obey Admirals, and Go Beyond the Stars.
And these people take these words LITERALLY!?