Jurassic Park film

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Jurassic Park film

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/films/jurassicpark1.php
..What mirror universe?
TGLS
Captain

Re: Jurassic Park film

Post by TGLS »

Glory to the Holy Algorithm!
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Azhrei Vep
Redshirt

Post by Azhrei Vep »

Huh. So, there's a video specifically about Chaos Theory in Jurassic Park on his Youtube channel, but not on the site yet. Figured that would go up before the movie proper.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

The film is really well done, I really like the way they build the scenes and the animatronics still hold up even today, which is impressive. I always found it funny how the water glass ripples were the hardest ones to do and the solution they eventually came up with is hilarious (they used guitar strings IIRC).

With that being said, there is one giant plot hole (no pun intended), the cliff scene. The T-Rex broke through the fence while clearly walking on the ground (it's where she ate the goat), yet when the car gets pushed away from the road, it falls over what appears to be a 10-15 m concrete wall. And then when Dr. Ellie arrives to search for Alan and kids, she is somewhat capable of climbing down that cliff in what appears to be minutes, even though we don't see that, and there's no visible (maintenance) ladder built in the wall. So the cliff appears to be there just for the sake of the plot. Now, I've seen some fan theories online, that the whole area is a valley, with the road being a giant concrete dam/viaduct and that there should be another side wall, right next to the goat, and that the T-Rex practically tiptoed around the edge of the cliff when he broke through the fence, and when said fence broke, a section also broke over the cliff (you can see the fence breach is quite large later, so that's a possibility). Now this feels a bit contrived, but I'm willing to accept that, even though that scene always pulls me out of the film for a moment. However, it does beg the question, why would the overcautious John Hammond ask for the goat prey to be kept right at the edge of the cliff, did he not consider the risk that when the T-Rex is trying to grab the goat she might trip and fell down the concrete edge and die slapstick style, which would be a massive embarrassment for him and the park? Spare no expense my arse, the whole place was poorly designed.
Azhrei Vep
Redshirt

Post by Azhrei Vep »

Azhrei Vep wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:48 pm Huh. So, there's a video specifically about Chaos Theory in Jurassic Park on his Youtube channel, but not on the site yet. Figured that would go up before the movie proper.
Oh, and now it's there. In between the most recent and the one before it.

I'm on to you, you sneaky, sneaky man.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

So, there are two Chucks now. That has to be useful!

Kind of curious about how different the other review is going to be that he felt the need to approach it with two completely separate reviews though... I can't think of any other work where he's done that. Extra length, multiple parts, sure, but never counterpoint videos.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Which Chuck is the one with the Goatee?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yeah he couldn't slip the Chaos Theory video by me by putting it on YT instead of here. I check YT every day. Very slick indeed nonetheless.
..What mirror universe?
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

I seriously did not know erotica involving dinosaurs was a thing. Though I probably should have expected that kind of thing, especially on the internet.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Archanubis wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:01 pm I seriously did not know erotica involving dinosaurs was a thing. Though I probably should have expected that kind of thing, especially on the internet.
Rule 34 applies to everything, literally.

Also, I need to point out, that Brachiosaurus died out not 100 million years ago, but 145 million years ago. Which also makes Brachiosaurus one of the few actual jurassic animals in Jurassic Park. :P
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox