code of hero review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
aceina
Officer

code of hero review

Post by aceina »

very well done sf very well done this is my favoret episode of ANYTHING and dinobot is one of my biggest heros in all of fiction i still to this day cry every time i see that ending

and his spark did indeed join the matrix the greatest of cybertron when he won that vote
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: code of hero review

Post by Steve »

I was rather older when this moment happened compared to the other great death in the mythos (Optimus in the '86 movie, which came out a few weeks before I turned four, although I don't think I saw it until it came out on VHS), so my reaction was less "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" and more appreciation for the scale of his sacrifice. Still, this moment was one of those that crystallized Beast Wars' place as one of the best animated shows of the '90s, which was a rather transitional and important period for American animated story-telling.

And of course it is even more fitting Chuck put this review on Memorial Day.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
kitrana
Redshirt

Post by kitrana »

an excellently done review of an episode that never fails to give me the feels when i watch it.

and then several episodes later they ruined the entire arc.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

kitrana wrote:an excellently done review of an episode that never fails to give me the feels when i watch it.

and then several episodes later they ruined the entire arc.
if you mean the clone that was the point megatron desecrated dinobots memory because he is a monster
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

As silly as it may sound, I still think this is one of the best final stands in fiction.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I love Megatron and Rampage's conversation... Rampage doesn't even hide his discontent with Megs and Megatron and Dinobot's final conversation

The interesting bit is Megatron and Dinobot came here to change the Predacon's fortunes well Dinobot did, Megs came to change HIS fortunes. Dinobot's act inadvertently leads to the state that will have him join Megatron in his heist Golden Disk to begin with.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Thanotos Omega
Redshirt

Post by Thanotos Omega »

This Episode is why Beast Wars was simply the best thing in the franchise until Prime finally managed to displace it,

Indeed decades ago Beast Wars decided that you didn't have to choose between being a great and fun kids show, and being a wonderful and well made piece of art, and is 100% proof that the American side of the franchise should have complete control over the lore,
You will notice i end my sentences with a , this will not change, you are wasting everyone involved's time pointing it out, this is just a quirk of how i ,unicate!
Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

Carl Sagan is the only one who dislike this episode
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

Thanotos Omega wrote:This Episode is why Beast Wars was simply the best thing in the franchise until Prime finally managed to displace it,

Indeed decades ago Beast Wars decided that you didn't have to choose between being a great and fun kids show, and being a wonderful and well made piece of art, and is 100% proof that the American side of the franchise should have complete control over the lore,

i actiualy find prime to be one of the worst trans formers shows it refused to ever shake up the status que for the entire series it has a shock to end a season on then things are fixed in the next season premier

villains where allowed to die but the heroes only lost 1 bot in the first episode nope no heroes die
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

"He lived a warrior and died a hero." Nice touch setting it up so it would be this year's memorial day episode.

While I liked a lot of animated shows in the 90s, I'm not sure if any of them ever had as good an episode as Code was. Though this episode was the reason for my massive Beast Wars request it is not the last though I don't know when Transmutate is coming since I don't think it was boosted through the que like the rest.

There are few episodes in television that can rival it for the manly tears factor, the only episode that I know of that surpasses it is Sleeping in Light.