Babylon 5: The Summoning.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Babylon 5: The Summoning.

Post by Thebestoftherest »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/babylon5/b5s4e03.php

The arc continues as trouble brews with the Vorlons, the mad emperor, and the aliens who fear the return of the Shadows if Delenn attacks them. But we find Garibaldi, so that should balance it out.
Fianna
Captain

Re: Babylon 5: The Summoning.

Post by Fianna »

Surely someone in that crowd went, "The Shadows have sent a Sheridan lookalike to infiltrate us! Get him!"
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Fianna wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:36 am Surely someone in that crowd went, "The Shadows have sent a Sheridan lookalike to infiltrate us! Get him!"
"IT'S A FAKE!!!"
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I admit, watching B5, I actually note: "Btw, while there, I nuked their capital city. This in no way will unleash galactic genocide."

It didn't but....probably should have.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

While having the place nuked wasn't their plan A or plan B, it's the kind of act The Shadows approve of generally, so I'm sure once they had some time to think it over they were pretty proud of him.
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

12:00

Chuck struck a real chord with me here, far more than I think he ever intended:

Everything wrong with humanity in general in one simple analogy. A summation of B5's political situation that nevertheless applies to basically every single aspect of all problems of current global societies.

"Someone should do something!"

Okay, so what are we going t-

"Someone who is not me should do something!"

(There was more, but I have, I think, finally, learned there's no point in me elaborating on this sort of thing, since from bitter experience (not here, elsewhere), nothing I can ever say will ever make any difference.)
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:42 pm While having the place nuked wasn't their plan A or plan B, it's the kind of act The Shadows approve of generally, so I'm sure once they had some time to think it over they were pretty proud of him.
You would think that but knowing the Shadows they'd probably spin doctor it into It only Right when they do it
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Aotrs Commander wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:23 pm 12:00

Chuck struck a real chord with me here, far more than I think he ever intended:

Everything wrong with humanity in general in one simple analogy. A summation of B5's political situation that nevertheless applies to basically every single aspect of all problems of current global societies.

"Someone should do something!"

Okay, so what are we going t-

"Someone who is not me should do something!"

(There was more, but I have, I think, finally, learned there's no point in me elaborating on this sort of thing, since from bitter experience (not here, elsewhere), nothing I can ever say will ever make any difference.)
Well the question of just who should is valid, and sometimes the most that can be done is to put pressure on them to do so. Not everyone can do anything more.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

I don't think that sums up all human problems. Consider the famous line:

"The best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity."

There are plenty of people who are eager to, themselves, "do something". Stopping them from ruining everything takes up a significant portion of humanity's energies.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

You know, I keep doing this. Spending far more time than I should, typing up responses to this sort of stuff and then remembering that... Delete it. There's no point.

I know from aforementioned bitter experience that I will never be able to convince even one individual of anything of actual importance, let alone enough of humanity to make a difference. (Hell, I can't even entice people to be interested in what I think is FUN stuff, got no chance with anything that actually MATTERS.) I really need burn into my skull to... Just give up.