Swtor Jedi knight

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Swtor Jedi knight

Post by Thebestoftherest »

stryke
Captain

Re: Swtor Jedi knight

Post by stryke »

The whole Roxette section was glorious, but also really annoying. As someone who really wanted Kotor 3-10 more than an mmo that kind of bloated incessent nonsense you'd have to slowly grind through was what killed the game for me. I was playing the Agent too which is supposed to be by far the best storyline. Sure what I experienced of it was great. It was just interspersed by just way too much gumpf that it just wasn't worth the time commitment.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Another SWTOR video, another one of Chuck's characters declaring how awesome they are.

Nice of him to address one of the little things that kind of bugged me in his Imperial Side run, railing against the Republic and the Light Side. It's good to know that it wasn't personal; I've run into a few Empire apologists and they can be a little annoying.

If he ends up deconstructing both sides of the conflict during his playthrough, it could make for an interesting deep dive into the morals and politics of Star Wars.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Heck almost all of the imperial characters have their beef with the empire, so it not an unfounded to show the flaws with both side.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I missed this series, glad to see it back.

It seems such a shame that the Knight's awesome hair is hidden by the robe.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
tyrteg
Officer

Post by tyrteg »

Damn - Chuck is slowly making me in a Roxette fan :D

It¨s nice to have SwtOR reviews back even though I'm probably not going to enjoy the Jedi Knight reviews as much as I did the others. The Knight was my first character in SWtOR back when it just released and I've replayed the beginning on Tython at least 5 times by now on different alts because the scene at the Lightsaber Forge is - in my opinion - the strongest ending of the opening chapter among all the classes. To me it has an almost mythical feeling. A young hero spares his enemy in a duel to prove that he knows not just strength but compassion and - after ascending the stairs to the Forge and building the sword that is the symbol of his order - has to battle an ancient monster to solidify his triumph. To me it plays out like an ancient fairy-tale and the wonderful score makes the scene feel truly breathtaking.

Then I watch Chuck turn it into a joke in his review... I know - SF Debris is all about mixing the silly with the serious. But in this case it felt quite mean-spirited and undeserved. The Dark side classes got their chance to shine and got a fair balanced analysis pointing out both their strong points and their weaknesses. I hope the light side classes get the same.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I regret that his Jedi isn't taking more romance options. Horny Jedi is always funny as hell.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

I have a feeling that whoever requested this wanted a do-right character.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

TGLS wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:02 pm I have a feeling that whoever requested this wanted a do-right character.
True but I don't think the laws against love lowers that.