Voyager Scorpion

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Voyager Scorpion

Post by Thebestoftherest »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/v868.php

Hey does anyone know at what point does Chuck do the Tom Paris can do all this and none of which are even his job joke?
TGLS
Captain

Re: Voyager Scorpion

Post by TGLS »

Year of Hell maybe?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Oh thank you.
Ranadiel
Redshirt

Post by Ranadiel »

Maybe this makes sense if you watch the episode, but I feel like it needs to be asked... what exactly is Voyager getting out of this "deal" with the Borg?

The terms of the deal are supposed to be Voyager gives the Borg the alien invader off button in exchange for safe passage through Borg Space. But the Borg are apparently weeks away from being completely eliminated? So if Voyager makes a U-Turn and has shore leave for a month, there won't be Borg Space anymore?

I mean I guess it might be 8427 Space then instead, but they seem like less of a threat overall when Voyager developed their kryptonite in 5 minutes.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Ranadiel wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 pm Maybe this makes sense if you watch the episode, but I feel like it needs to be asked... what exactly is Voyager getting out of this "deal" with the Borg?
An unlimited supply of nanoprobes. Basically:
-> The Doctor can modify Borg nanoprobes to wipe out Species 8472, but Voyager has no means of producing nanoprobes.
-> The Borg can produce lots of nanoprobes but they're useless against Species 8472.

So Voyager can't really wait around for 8472 to wipe the Borg because otherwise they won't have a tool to beat them with.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Spam-desu
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Ranadiel wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 pm Maybe this makes sense if you watch the episode, but I feel like it needs to be asked... what exactly is Voyager getting out of this "deal" with the Borg?
Well I mean, one side we know is basically about all genocide, all the time, and genocide is more less all they do, so it's almost certain that they're the original aggressors here.

For the other side, we don't know much about them, and likely their home got invaded, but on the other hand... they seem really pissed off.

Of course we're going to side with the genocide factory.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Durandal_1707 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:38 am
Well I mean, one side we know is basically about all genocide, all the time, and genocide is more less all they do, so it's almost certain that they're the original aggressors here.

For the other side, we don't know much about them, and likely their home got invaded, but on the other hand... they seem really pissed off.

Of course we're going to side with the genocide factory.
I mean, that's fanon.

Species Xenomorph was originally portrayed as a bunch of extradimensional invaders that were from a reaity so different that they intended to exterminate all life in this universe. They got retconned and became infinitely less interesting.

Star Trek is great but sometimes it could use a little more Doctor Who acknowledgement some people are just assholes.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

No it's not, they'd already established that the Borg started the war even by the end of Scorpion, their first appearance. We know the Borg. We know what that means.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

It's a Star Trek season finale two parter. The first and second parts are two different episodes. There's a parallel world where the Borg are justified, there's a parallel world where Harry dies.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

There are actually several parallel worlds where Harry dies. We're actually watching the only one where he ultimately didn't. Somehow. Oh wait no, we are watching a reality where he died, the Harry we're watching ever since Season 2's Deadlock isn't this universe's real Harry, I forgot... So, let me correct myself:

There are actually several parallel worlds where Harry dies. We're actually watching the only one where *a Harry* ultimately didn't. Somehow.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox