The Christmas Episode

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

The Christmas Episode

Post by clearspira »

So... anyone want to hazard a guess what its going to be? Last couple of years there was a fun quiz which we didn't get this year but it doesn't mean we can't try.

The trend of it being ''the worst of'' seems to have died which is a shame. Then it was Covid related films which I also suspect isn't going to happen for obvious reasons. Then Planet of the Apes, which could have been at any time of year.

Seeing as it is on a Saturday and all, and we are coming to the end of Voyager, i'm hoping for that. A big old celebration of the end of Voyager. I don't know how many episodes are left but there can't be many.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Fianna
Captain

Re: The Christmas Episode

Post by Fianna »

I think it's only one or two left.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

The 'worst of' was a fun thing but I'm also ok making it a proper big occasion, since he already did the 'worst of' of all the major series long ago. It would be a good time for something as big as the end of a Trek series. Especially one that infamous for him.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

There are still plenty of other worst of the worst episodes and films for the the rest of the series Chuck currently reviews. However, none are old enough that one could say without a doubt that "this and this" are the worst ever. There have been many episodes and films that have been re-interpreted over time, either in better or worse light.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

A Night in Sick Bay.
Power laces... alright.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:48 pm A Night in Sick Bay.
It's already been reviewed.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Riedquat wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:22 pm
Yeah but a lot of people consider it the worst of all of Trek and I thought Chuck might reconsider.
Power laces... alright.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:22 am
Riedquat wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:22 pm
Yeah but a lot of people consider it the worst of all of Trek and I thought Chuck might reconsider.
Would be interesting to know just what his worst of all time is. Oh well, not this year.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:07 pm Would be interesting to know just what his worst of all time is. Oh well, not this year.
He did exactly that for the sixth anniversary where he ranked the worst of the worst.

6. TOS FILM Star Trek V
5. TNG Code of Honor
4. TNG FILM Nemesis
3. DS9 Profit and Lace
2. VOY Threshold
1. ENT A Night In Sickbay

At that time he hadn't yet done the worst of TOS or TAS, so no telling where TOS: "And the Children Shall Lead" and TAS: "The Infinite Vulcan" fall in, but they're both merely bad , not actually hurting people or the franchise so they'd probably be low in the rankings.

And obviously theres several new series that haven't run their course yet so they can't be ranked yet but Lower Deck's worst will probably end up being its first episode unless soemthing really goes off the rails later.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Yep, it's official: the last Voyager review ever!

... unless we pressure Chuck into covering those Voyager sequel novels they mentioned hating. That could be fun!