Kannazuki No Miko 11

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Trinary
Officer

Kannazuki No Miko 11

Post by Trinary »

*Watches the sword fight 'love' scene* To quote Crow T. Robot: "It hardly seems worth it, but ... BOO!"
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Kannazuki No Miko 11

Post by Fixer »

So, as Kannazuki No Miko chips away at the last vestiges of Chuck's sanity, I am left to ponder what would be worse.

Maybe the Ultramarines movie. A different kind of mental torture, immense research into the source material, the movie then boring you to death.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

This is a difficult Anime to get the good out of. I have no particular desire to defend it, but the series of posts about it on the Yuri Nation blog are pretty insightful.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

Fixer wrote:So, as Kannazuki No Miko chips away at the last vestiges of Chuck's sanity, I am left to ponder what would be worse.
I'm left to wonder what Chuck did wrong in a previous life to deserve being subjected to this anime; is Chuck actually the reincarnation of Nelix or something? :o

Maybe the Ultramarines movie. A different kind of mental torture, immense research into the source material, the movie then boring you to death.
Nah, that was just tedious; this anime sounds like it's so bad it's terrible, while Ultramrines is so bad it's meh.

On Chuck's comment "of course [Japan's] gods are robots" - that's not fair Chuck...some of them are kaiju :P
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Trinary wrote:*Watches the sword fight 'love' scene* To quote Crow T. Robot: "It hardly seems worth it, but ... BOO!"
That scene is like a degree short of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Okay, I admit: I have absolutely zero interest in anime, but Chuck's reviews of anime are entertaining as hell. The utterly scathing takedown at the end of this one would give Ebert a run for his money. :D
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

Well, at least there's only one more episode of this tripe. Unfortunately from the way this episode ends it seems like it's going to be one of those introspective-while-taking-a-look-back conclusions rather than an actiony one, and I don't think I want to know what this series would try and pass as "introspection" or present as the moral of the story.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Edvarius wrote:Well, at least there's only one more episode of this tripe. Unfortunately from the way this episode ends it seems like it's going to be one of those introspective-while-taking-a-look-back conclusions rather than an actiony one, and I don't think I want to know what this series would try and pass as "introspection" or present as the moral of the story.
You have no idea how bad and disturbing the last episode is. Here's a spoiler free version as presented by the Nostalgia Critic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTdXo8IPxA&t=9m35s
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Good grief, this is a messed up anime.

I've forgotten why I ever thought anime used to be cool, not that I think I would ever have thought of this one as cool.
Trinary
Officer

Post by Trinary »

Good god. Check out SF's Twitter account.

"Charles Sonnenburg‏ @sfdebris 9h 9 hours ago
Kannazuki No Miko 11 is up, despite all efforts for it not to be: http://sfdebris.com/videos/anime/kannazuki11.php

Charles Sonnenburg‏ @sfdebris 48m 48 minutes ago
I think this might have been the worst thing I've had to sit through."

... DAMN.