Problem Ads

Report all board glitches and bugs in this forum, please. Our staff of competent, highly-trained forum orangutans will assist you. Just don't call them monkeys.
Void
Redshirt

Re: Problem Ads

Post by Void »

Can't watch Dust to Dust review (Hack Reactor ad).

Had to turn on adblocker to be able to watch the video. Sorry.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

A weird issue I've encountered today is a car ad plays, then when it finishes a second ad (usually for some sort of Call of Duty type game) plays and when that finishes the vid I wanted to watch doesn't play and looks like it's finished. So I hit refresh and when I hit play, the car ad shows up frozen and hitting play causes the vid to play as normal instead of the ad.

Not a bad problem considering it doesn't make vids unwatachable, but a bit bizzare (and at least it's not as infuriating as the static ads that need refreshing 10-20 times to get through).
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

It looks like the MacKeeper ads are starting to infect the forum:

The bad English ("Trusted by Millions Users!") is amusing, but the fake download button (which blinks) is irritating as hell, and as for the software it's peddling—well, let me just mention that some antivirus programs will detect it as malware (link).
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

The Ad Bar under the videos is starting to make the videos unwatchable for me. I understand the need to make money off the site. But these things start playing loud audio over the video I'm trying to watch every minute or so, and I can't figure out any way to mute them. Does anyone know anyway to stop these, because I love watching many of Chuck's videos, but my patience for this ran out very quickly this morning.