New Vegas

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
drewder
Officer

Re: New Vegas

Post by drewder »

I never knew that playing primarily with explosives was even a viable option. Never seem to get enough explosives ammo to make it sustainable.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

drewder wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:59 pm I never knew that playing primarily with explosives was even a viable option. Never seem to get enough explosives ammo to make it sustainable.
The main difficulties I had with an explosives build were (1) ammo weight in hardcore mode, (2) there's no 'grenade' button in the base game, and (3) I'm a hoarder by nature, and kept 'saving' the best ammo, and never used it.

#1 is mitigated by the pack rat perk, and #2 is fixed with mods, but I always have a tough time with #3 regardless of the game.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Independent George wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:33 pm #1 is mitigated by the pack rat perk, and #2 is fixed with mods, but I always have a tough time with #3 regardless of the game.
Gotta save those elixers and ethers even when fighting Kefka!
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Beastro wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:33 pm
Independent George wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:33 pm #1 is mitigated by the pack rat perk, and #2 is fixed with mods, but I always have a tough time with #3 regardless of the game.
Gotta save those elixers and ethers even when fighting Kefka!
Yeah sure I'm fighting Legate Lanius but who knows when a really tough fight will come along, better save my consumables.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

drewder wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:15 pm Yeah sure I'm fighting Legate Lanius but who knows when a really tough fight will come along, better save my consumables.
In my first playthrough, I sneak-attack headshot Lanius with an anti-material rifle and the game ended. It wasn't until I read a walkthrough that I realized I was supposed to talk to him first. I actually kind of love that it let me kill him instead of forcing me to dialogue.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

The weirdest moment I ever had in a video game was where I contemplated the morality of killing Legate Lanius to help the Legion dissolve into chaos quicker or leaving him alive to minimize social breakdown. I may overthink Fallout: NewVegas.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Bumping since he just came out with Part 2.

Little disappointed he didn't mention that Odo ran New Vegas.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Why's it called New Vegas? You'd think the New _____ name would be used by other settlements founded by refugees from destroyed cities. But as the one city not wrecked by the bombs, you'd think Las Vegas would keep its old name.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Fianna wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:38 pm Why's it called New Vegas? You'd think the New _____ name would be used by other settlements founded by refugees from destroyed cities. But as the one city not wrecked by the bombs, you'd think Las Vegas would keep its old name.
It was still abandoned and went through a very rough couple of centuries.

House probably sees his ownership as the start of a "new era".

Maybe there is/ will be a New New York and Fallout is actually the past of Futurama.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Fallout 3 protagonist, finally stepping out of the Vault to explore the vast, wide world: