Your chances of surviving U.S. Civil War (+ nukes)?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
King Green
Officer

Your chances of surviving U.S. Civil War (+ nukes)?

Post by King Green »

Wow the amount of hate and economic repression from my flat-screen almost melted it.

How are any of you building up anti-politician and social-adversity defenses? Watching the South-Eastern coast states almost commit a one-way slaughterhouse is disturbing.
Normally, I would lighten this load for y'all to dissect but it's going to be graveyard shift for this stuff.
And in my opinion; the Georgian govner is a complete idiot, no political or LITERAL education in his head and he's allowing old-colonial houses to imput bigot laws so they can control the non-white populace, for industry and outcome.

My plan: evacuate every non-government civilian/citizen to random foreign countries and let the government starve itself until it begins to stop acting stupid.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Re: Your chances of surviving U.S. Civil War (+ nukes)?

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Current idea is to get as much cash as I can and run for the Pacific Northwest (AKA the opposite direction from Knox County, Tennessee) by mid-2022. The job market's junk out here, anyway.

Either this all fizzles out before it gets that far or I end up getting slaughtered for being pan/atheistic/autistic/poor/not a monster, anyway.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

American Civil War 2? Yeah probably not going to happen. Alot of people strutting their stuff with their guns does not make an army. Because if there was such a thing, it would be most likely a militia versus the Armed Forces.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Dude if there's a nuclear civil war, I don't WANT to survive. I've got three handles of apocolypse whiskey in my basement, along with some aging bottles of red and a nice scotch. That's all I need. Whoever loots my corpse will get fun items, as well as my cringiest cum-stained T-shirt.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:11 am Dude if there's a nuclear civil war, I don't WANT to survive. I've got three handles of apocolypse whiskey in my basement, along with some aging bottles of red and a nice scotch. That's all I need. Whoever loots my corpse will get fun items, as well as my cringiest cum-stained T-shirt.
Yeah, absolutely agree. The best place to be when the bomb go off is beneath the bomb. Flash-fried; your body will barely have time to register the pain before it becomes a shadow. There are worse ways to die to be sure.

Thing is, a lot of people like to imagine that they would be Mad Max or Rick Grimes come the apocalypse. The fact is however that most modern people would die immediately without their cocoon of supermarkets, electricity, internet and modern healthcare. Do you know how to make fire or catch a wild animal or which wild berries to eat? I sure don't.

That is also BTW why every 2nd Amendment nutter who thinks that his shotgun and can of beer is going up against the US government with its tanks, jets, frigates and billions of dollars wouldn't last a month. The days where farmers could rise up and change the course of a country went out a LONG time ago.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Yeah, as bad as the recent saber-rattling has become between USA, Russia, and China, and embarrassing, none of us want a nuclear war, it's game over in every sense of the word. Mr. Putin doesn't want it, nor does Mr. Jinping, or Mr. Biden. Only reason the world got so nervous in recent years was Mr. Trump was a bit of a wild card nobody could predict.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

clearspira wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 pm
Thing is, a lot of people like to imagine that they would be Mad Max or Rick Grimes come the apocalypse. The fact is however that most modern people would die immediately without their cocoon of supermarkets, electricity, internet and modern healthcare. Do you know how to make fire or catch a wild animal or which wild berries to eat? I sure don't.
Oh that's not even the hard part. Lots of Rambo-wannabees and "preppers" can hunt, forage, and make fire. No, the problem is most of them don't know how to make cloth or how to clean. That clothing doesn't last, you need something good when it gets cold even with fires, and if it's not clean enough you're one cat bite or unnoticed rat turd away from agonizing death. They can understand things you can do with bullets, it's everything else that's hard.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 am
Oh that's not even the hard part. Lots of Rambo-wannabees and "preppers" can hunt, forage, and make fire. No, the problem is most of them don't know how to make cloth or how to clean. That clothing doesn't last, you need something good when it gets cold even with fires, and if it's not clean enough you're one cat bite or unnoticed rat turd away from agonizing death. They can understand things you can do with bullets, it's everything else that's hard.
They probably think that's what the women are for. Fellows kill stuff, ladies do... everything else, right? Oof...
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

They probably plan to skin animals they hunt or use their stockpiles of clothes. Though in a nuclear winter, I don't think radioactive fur coats will be very effective protection from the elements.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:16 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:12 am
They probably think that's what the women are for. Fellows kill stuff, ladies do... everything else, right? Oof...
Its funny because that was never actually true. Yes, most of history has officially followed the ''men work/fight, women stay at home/make babies'' philosophy, but any cursory examination of what actually happened will find that this division of labour almost always fell apart when winter or war was coming. There were a dozen different things to be done by what was often a small and sick population, and if they didn't get done, you died. It was as simple as that.

It is an historical irony that the more stable a civilization becomes, often, it becomes less equal. The rich/poor divide, the sexual divide, the status divide. The reason for that is because people who live from one winter or barbarian invasion to the next have precious little time to tolerate bullshit.