'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

Post by ProfessorDetective »

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/04 ... rst-caucus

The 'America First Caucus' whose main goal is the championing 'a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions.'

You are OLD-SCHOOL when you feel the need to specify 'whites only, and that does NOT include the Irish or the Italians!'
McAvoy
Captain

Re: 'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

Post by McAvoy »

You know there was a time when I actually thought that given time, this sort of thing would die off. I don't mean years or decades but generations.

I just don't think it's the case anymore.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: 'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Nope, it's here to stay. And yeah, that's old school, but the only reason they let Paddy and the garlic-eaters into the YT club was to swell their ranks. Now they focus exclusively on voter suppression so they don't need to worry about the numbers anymore. .-.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 am Nope, it's here to stay. And yeah, that's old school, but the only reason they let Paddy and the garlic-eaters into the YT club was to swell their ranks. Now they focus exclusively on voter suppression so they don't need to worry about the numbers anymore. .-.
Is there really any anti Irish feelings anymore? I mean it's certainly not what it used to be. I am Irish and I have never seen anyone attack me or my family in any sort of way.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Not as far as I know, but apparently they're trying to get a revival? =/
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am Not as far as I know, but apparently they're trying to get a revival? =/
I think those feelings died out long ago. Afterall, why attack your fellow white man?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:35 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am Not as far as I know, but apparently they're trying to get a revival? =/
I think those feelings died out long ago. Afterall, why attack your fellow white man?
Initially, it was the same reason they'd attack Latinos and Muslims: a refugee crisis. Specifically, the Potato Famine of 1845, with millions heading for the New World out of desperation and meeting with hate from the 'Locals' (read: Colonial Decsendece), operating on the ever classic philosophy of 'forget you, got mine'.

But now, it's likely the alt-right are just getting SO xenophobic, that you don't just have to be white, you have to be AMERICAN-BORN, ETHNIC-ENGLISH (as well as cisallohet, Southern Baptist, jingoistic, and, preferably, wealthy and elderly, but that goes without saying).
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:20 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:35 am
Initially, it was the same reason they'd attack Latinos and Muslims: a refugee crisis. Specifically, the Potato Famine of 1845, with millions heading for the New World out of desperation and meeting with hate from the 'Locals' (read: Colonial Decsendece), operating on the ever classic philosophy of 'forget you, got mine'.

But now, it's likely the alt-right are just getting SO xenophobic, that you don't just have to be white, you have to be AMERICAN-BORN, ETHNIC-ENGLISH (as well as cisallohet, Southern Baptist, jingoistic, and, preferably, wealthy and elderly, but that goes without saying).
Definitely like how 'Mexicans' are invading out country right now. How any 'Mexican' looking person looks illegal.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Honestly I think Irish and Italian thing is kind of reading into it a little. They say Anglo-Saxon because if they said "Asians, Blacks, and Hispanics" people would call them racist.
McAvoy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:06 am You know there was a time when I actually thought that given time, this sort of thing would die off. I don't mean years or decades but generations.
It crests and troughs. They get squashed, go away for a while, trade jerseys and come back again. Rise and fall, two steps forward, one step back. Maybe if the Seventh Party System is centered on socioracial issues (as it seems to be at the moment), we might see the end of this. Or maybe not.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

TGLS wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:07 am Honestly I think Irish and Italian thing is kind of reading into it a little. They say Anglo-Saxon because if they said "Asians, Blacks, and Hispanics" people would call them racist.
Probably, but the fact that the language is so openly calling back to the time before the Irish, Italian, and Slavic peoples were considered white kinda gives that away anyways. I’m kinda surprised they didn’t bring up the “pan European” talking point modern Neo-nazis like to use really.