'Writer Jennifer Rosner predicts COVID-19 lockdowns will force easy-breezy millennials to grow up.'

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

'Writer Jennifer Rosner predicts COVID-19 lockdowns will force easy-breezy millennials to grow up.'

Post by ProfessorDetective »

AKA It's STILL all the young peoples' fault.... even though those 'young' people are pushing forty at this point.

https://twitter.com/chitribopinions/sta ... 2547353605
Captain Crimson
Captain

Re: 'Writer Jennifer Rosner predicts COVID-19 lockdowns will force easy-breezy millennials to grow up.'

Post by Captain Crimson »

Well, it's both the fault of Boomers and Millennials. I get tired of all these generational wars. More division, less healing.
TGLS
Captain

Re: 'Writer Jennifer Rosner predicts COVID-19 lockdowns will force easy-breezy millennials to grow up.'

Post by TGLS »

So forcing me to stay at home with my dad all day and jacking up home prices is going to make me settle down? If anything it's made me more likely to start playing arsenic and old lace.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Captain Crimson wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 pm Well, it's both the fault of Boomers and Millennials. I get tired of all these generational wars. More division, less healing.
You really aren't happy unless you've got a fence planted firmly in your colon, are you?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Dude I was boomersplained twice today. I get income tax refunds god dammit.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Millennials and Zoomers blame Boomers and Boomers blame Millennials and Zoomers (Gen X seems to get consistently forgotten I've noticed). Its all a load of bullshit.
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

I love that the agreed upon term for the generation after Millennials is Zoomers. It's just a slight variation of older generations, A lot of Millenials were called Generation Y just because it came after X and so Z comes after them, then came the "ok boomer" meme and now these kids are called Zoomers. Generation naming is so weird to me.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 am Millennials and Zoomers blame Boomers and Boomers blame Millennials and Zoomers (Gen X seems to get consistently forgotten I've noticed). Its all a load of bullshit.
I was about to star Ameri-splaining to you, but yes pretty much. Apparently the nieces and nephews of the Woodstock revolution never really got the memo that the Cold War is over so they're happy living under the impression that Reagan just became president.

Really I'm not sure why they are never brought up. I think it's just the matter of millennials being more liberalized from the information age and not tied to conventional personal/social economic trends. At the same time these kinds of shifts cause a lot of elaborate menu costs in society. Loosely correlated to that is the shrinking of social security value prompting everybody to strategize their retirements in privatized manner, which easily puts the shoe on the other foot in the eyes of the boombers.
..What mirror universe?
Captain Crimson
Captain

I'm not gonna play the blame game. Young hot shots have no moral high ground here. Yeah, certain Boomers messed up the world in their own way. We got Millennials and Zoomers doing the same thing right now, in their own way. The lack of perspective would be amusing if it wasn't tragic. You wait. The Pandemials to follow this generation will make the same mistakes, and so the cycle starts all over again.
Captain Crimson
Captain

clearspira wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 am Millennials and Zoomers blame Boomers and Boomers blame Millennials and Zoomers (Gen X seems to get consistently forgotten I've noticed). Its all a load of bullshit.
Yeah, it's kinda sad. Where's the love for Gen X? I have parents who were Gen X. And the reason we're all here is someone from Gen X! :)