Ghostwatch

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Re: Ghostwatch

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Are you guys arguing about the pseudo-science of ghosts?
The fuck?
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:06 pm Are you guys arguing about the pseudo-science of ghosts?
The fuck?
I am just speculating. It's just that considering even the most out their paranormal phenomenon seem to be measurable by us, I am convinced that the "supernatural" is just parts of science we haven't figured out yet.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:01 am even the most out their paranormal phenomenon seem to be measurable by us
Name one.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Deledrius wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:58 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:01 am even the most out their paranormal phenomenon seem to be measurable by us
Name one.
He like most conspiracy theorist start from a conclusion and work backwards from there, even if the evidence suggest other wise.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Deledrius wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:58 pm
Name one.
For one, ghost hunters use actual scientific equipment.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

And again, what about Clark's Third Law?

Also, I thought I saw a video that said Stephen Halkin or one of his colleagues was working on some hypothesis for life after death that involved "quantum fibers".
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:41 pm
It doesn't have to be a stone, that's just what the idea is called. It could be an quantum field, a very localized space time area, etc.
That's back to throwing in scientific words out of any meaningful context to make it sound like there's something scientific going on. What is a "quantum field" or "localised space time area" and why would it possibly support such a concept?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Riedquat wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 am
It doesn't have to be a stone, that's just what the idea is called. It could be an quantum field, a very localized space time area, etc.
That's back to throwing in scientific words out of any meaningful context to make it sound like there's something scientific going on. What is a "quantum field" or "localised space time area" and why would it possibly support such a concept?
I wasn't trying to do that, I thought I was using those terms correctly or at least, the first one.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:35 am
I wasn't trying to do that, I thought I was using those terms correctly or at least, the first one.
Well my memory's hazy on whether or not it's a recognised term, but even if it is it's still just throwing a random term in there, one that most people won't recognise or understand so it's easier for them to accept. Without any context for knowing why you've used a particular term it's no more valid than saying it's due to anything else in physics, e.g. "the kinetic energy of a moving mass", except that more people are likely to look at that, know what it means, and say "how on earth is that going to have anything to do with it?"
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Riedquat wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:22 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:35 am
Well my memory's hazy on whether or not it's a recognised term, but even if it is it's still just throwing a random term in there, one that most people won't recognise or understand so it's easier for them to accept. Without any context for knowing why you've used a particular term it's no more valid than saying it's due to anything else in physics, e.g. "the kinetic energy of a moving mass", except that more people are likely to look at that, know what it means, and say "how on earth is that going to have anything to do with it?"
Like I asked before, wasn't their some actual scientific hypothesis about life after death involving "quantum fibers?"