The Cishets are at it again, this time with Tannerite

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: The Cishets are at it again, this time with Tannerite

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:57 am It's because it can't just be about TELLING people that your infant has a weiner or a clamshell. It's become a cishet pissing contest to get a bigger and better instagram image of how EMPHATICALLY you declared it to the world, and how well you proved you have more money and gendernormative convictions than sense.
... Are gender reveal parties political?
Kind of, yeah? I mean, they're motivated by gender politics, and probably by suburban neighbor rivalries. If it was just a cynical attempt to score more presents on top of the baby shower, then they wouldn't really be launching small aircraft or burning heaps of fertilizer.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:01 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:57 am It's because it can't just be about TELLING people that your infant has a weiner or a clamshell. It's become a cishet pissing contest to get a bigger and better instagram image of how EMPHATICALLY you declared it to the world, and how well you proved you have more money and gendernormative convictions than sense.
... Are gender reveal parties political?
Kind of, yeah? I mean, they're motivated by gender politics, and probably by suburban neighbor rivalries. If it was just a cynical attempt to score more presents on top of the baby shower, then they wouldn't really be launching small aircraft or burning heaps of fertilizer.
Well somebody should put a stop to this.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I felt these gender reveal parties falls into the same category of giving kids oddball names or oddball spelling.

It's not really about the child, it's all about 'look at me'.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Mikaayehla (pronounced "Michael")
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Airica. Or Erica. That's the latest one I have found. Other one that amuses me is Graig or Greg or Craig but with a G.

Oh and these kids with the oddball spelling of the name? Yeah they hate it and spell it the normal way.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 pm
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 am
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT
I...
I what? I beg your McFucking pardon? Did you even READ the article? Have you turned on a news channel or browsed a news page in the past sixteen months?

No, Gender Reveal Parties are NOT an "LGBT" thing, you considerably vexing gentleman. Gender reveal parties, as I made pretty clear with the Original Post of This Thread, are a Cisgender Heterosexual thing. That is why I titled this thread "The CisHets are at it again".

I need to go mix some stronger drinks. I haven't been this incredulous and frustrated since I blocked DragonBallFan.
I think he was confusing it with a 'coming out' type thing and not the dumber version of a baby shower. Still, though, at least read the full headline, Captain.
I am not sure it is fair to blame Captain Crimson for not being familiar with Gender Studies duckspeak.
Have you been living under a rock? Because both cis and het are fairly mainstream terms.
It is the jargon of an eccentric idealogy. The general public does not talk like that.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Maybe your opinions and your social circle aren't interchangeable with "the general public".
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:19 pm
Draco Dracul wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:03 pm
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:53 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:43 am
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Gender reveal parties seem like something from the LGBT
I...
I what? I beg your McFucking pardon? Did you even READ the article? Have you turned on a news channel or browsed a news page in the past sixteen months?

No, Gender Reveal Parties are NOT an "LGBT" thing, you considerably vexing gentleman. Gender reveal parties, as I made pretty clear with the Original Post of This Thread, are a Cisgender Heterosexual thing. That is why I titled this thread "The CisHets are at it again".

I need to go mix some stronger drinks. I haven't been this incredulous and frustrated since I blocked DragonBallFan.
I think he was confusing it with a 'coming out' type thing and not the dumber version of a baby shower. Still, though, at least read the full headline, Captain.
I am not sure it is fair to blame Captain Crimson for not being familiar with Gender Studies duckspeak.
Have you been living under a rock? Because both cis and het are fairly mainstream terms.
It is the jargon of an eccentric idealogy. The general public does not talk like that.
This would be true in public. I have yet to hear anyone use cis vocally. But I have seen it used alot in articles usually when involving needing a descriptor.