TNG - Reunion

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: TNG - Reunion

Post by CharlesPhipps »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:17 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:20 pm
Deledrius wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:10 pm So... who poisoned the Chancellor?

I know we're meant to assume it was Duras, but... Was it Sela?

After all, this episode takes place after Yesterday's Enterprise and we shifted timelines. ;)
They never answered it but according to Word of God, it was Duras.

Gowron would have probably killed him too but would have done it in a fight because, unlike Duras, Gowron wasn't a coward.
For all his other insecurities, Gowron did like a good fight.
Gowron isn't afraid of a hand to hand battle and is pretty good at it. It's just he doesn't have very good talent at keeping the loyalty of the military beneath him.

Hence his problems with Kurn, Martok, and Duras himself.
Last edited by CharlesPhipps on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:03 pm At this point if course we should remember that Jadzia once teamed up with Kang and Koloth to seek revenge. All she got was a headshake.

But that is Starfleet for you. Kirk can sleep with the universe, Kim gets a reprimand for a single nights fun. Ro gets her earring taken away because of the uniform code, Worf keeps his bandolier. It really seems as if laws and rules in this universe only exist by the captain's whim.
To be fair, Sisko all but said she should have faced criminal charges but looked the other way because that's who he is.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:52 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:03 pm At this point if course we should remember that Jadzia once teamed up with Kang and Koloth to seek revenge. All she got was a headshake.

But that is Starfleet for you. Kirk can sleep with the universe, Kim gets a reprimand for a single nights fun. Ro gets her earring taken away because of the uniform code, Worf keeps his bandolier. It really seems as if laws and rules in this universe only exist by the captain's whim.
To be fair, Sisko all but said she should have faced criminal charges but looked the other way because that's who he is.
Also the fact Jadzia went on leave and did it somewhere else.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Here's a thought speaking of DS9 we saw what Worf did to Duras after he killed Kheylar, so if he had got ahold of Dukat what would Worf have done to him?
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Presumably, he would try to kill him. The writing gods would decide if he succeeded or was stopped and whether he would face consequences for that. I personally think Change of Heart is where Jadzia should have died, it would have been something for Worf to have proper angst over and difficulty with Ezri.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Beelzquill wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:45 pm Presumably, he would try to kill him. The writing gods would decide if he succeeded or was stopped and whether he would face consequences for that. I personally think Change of Heart is where Jadzia should have died, it would have been something for Worf to have proper angst over and difficulty with Ezri.
Like I told someone once in s7 between Worf, Kira, and maybe Ezri I'm surprised Dukat survived as long as he did that season.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:50 pm Gowron isn't afraid of a hand to hand battle and is pretty good at it. It's just he doesn't have very good talent at keeping the loyalty of the military beneath him.

Hence his problems with Kurn, Martok, and Duras himself.
In the end, his combat prowess and straightforwardness were no match for his own ambition and ego. He was his own undoing, and Worf was the instrument of both his rise and his fall.
Wargriffin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:02 pm then again Duras is a dumbass with how much he pretty much acts like he is the guilty party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txAf2OjD3f4

like they both object but once the whole Worf is my security chief thing is presented Gowron pretty much answers worf's question without much hassle while Duras pretty much has I"M GUILTY AS SIN TATTOOED ON HIS FOREHEAD and Keeps trying to just dismiss Worf.
Gowron's look at Duras when he says "As will I" isn't just a "Ah, so you're a traitor after all" look. In retrospect, it looks like a "I had heard rumours that you are a Romulan lapdog, but I didn't take it seriously until just this moment and suddenly it explains a great many things" glare.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

sayla0079 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 pmLike I told someone once in s7 between Worf, Kira, and maybe Ezri I'm surprised Dukat survived as long as he did that season.
Dukat had a fantastic way of acting like he was the lesser evil. What was good about his writing was that it was never unclear that he was evil or learned anything. He was a nice way of handling the sociopathic narcissicist because it shows they CAN be charming but he never felt anything "real." Even for Zilla.

It was all about him in the end.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:53 am
sayla0079 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 pmLike I told someone once in s7 between Worf, Kira, and maybe Ezri I'm surprised Dukat survived as long as he did that season.
Dukat had a fantastic way of acting like he was the lesser evil. What was good about his writing was that it was never unclear that he was evil or learned anything. He was a nice way of handling the sociopathic narcissicist because it shows they CAN be charming but he never felt anything "real." Even for Zilla.

It was all about him in the end.
Yeah, he just has three people that want him dead and one of them shares thier mind with a serial killer.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I suppose most people say its ambiguous cause We never get a clear answer on Who poison'd K'mpec despite knowing the how and why.

Yeah you can logically connect the dots that Duras was the one behind the bomb attempt but thats the bomb attempt not the poisoning and by then the episode veers into Worf's revenge!

Moore had said in an old interview that the Intention was Duras which shows at the end of the episode when Picard brings up now they have proof of Duras' treachery and can get Worf's honor back.

since proof of Duras poisoning the Chancellor would destroy his clout but then again Worf is correct to point out the council has gone along with this dishonor for so long... they ain't gonna grow a conscience now.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."