DS9 restoration issues

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Muzer
Redshirt

DS9 restoration issues

Post by Muzer »

Many many thanks Chuck for the DS9 restoration; my friend who has just watched the series for the first time recently will be glad of so many more reviews being available to binge-watch, as he loves your insightful commentary and snark as much as I do!

Some minor comments on the otherwise excellent DS9 restoration; perhaps some of these are already known issues, but perhaps some aren't:

* Statistical Probabilities, Profit and Lace, and It's Only a Paper Moon (all videos previously available via Bitchute; not sure if this is a pattern or a coincidence!) seem to have disappeared, now showing that the video was removed due to a terms of use violation
* 30th Anniversary follow-up video (as part of Trials and Tribbleations) still missing
* Dominion War follow-up video (part of Sacrifice of Angels) still missing
* In The Pale Moonlight main video missing; the follow-up is listed twice (I suspect this is just the wrong embed code having been used).
* Chrysalis is still missing (believe this is known about by Chuck but thought I'd list it for completeness)

None of these except the last one affect me personally as I already have copies of all the missing videos except Chrysalis, but thought you might appreciate the list :).
A_Really_Big_Cat
Redshirt

Re: DS9 restoration issues

Post by A_Really_Big_Cat »

I found another issue: Business as Usual's audio is corrupted or something; it all plays back at roughly 8x the normal speed.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Thank you, this was helpful. :-) Aside of some of the companion videos, I should have all DS9 and TNG done (including fixing the audio of Business as Usual). If anyone wants to double-check, it'd be helpful in catching any further problems early.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Thank you, I look forward to reviewing them again. :)
HighPriest
Redshirt

Post by HighPriest »

Well, since you're asking, Chuck... three things still appear to be missing at the moment from DS9: Statistical Probabilities, the Dominion War Follow-Up located on Sacrifice of Angels, and the 30th Anniversary on Trials and Tribulations. Looks good otherwise, though, so thanks for the hard work!

There's a lot more missing from Enterprise at the moment, but I'm assuming you're aware of that.