Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fianna
Captain

Re: Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

Post by Fianna »

I eagerly await seeing him cover TOS's "The Apple". It's basically the genesis of the "redshirts always die" joke.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Can't wait for his reaction on PIC's "Stardust City Rag". Especially the super child-friendly opening with Icheb getting his robo-eye gouged out, then some hobo calling himself Bruce Maddox getting fake killed by Not!Deanna Troi for some reason, Seven being an alcoholic sociopathic murderous lesbian (like all lesbians in NuTrek are apparently), holographic pop-ups are totally safe in a planet known for not being very safe, then Stewart trying to be funny by doing whatever the hell he was trying to do there, then Maddox is killed for real because we don't want to pay too many royalties to TNG writers.
Or maybe Chuck will just pull a "No Prequels rule" and only gloss over the episode since it was already sliced and diced to oblivion by many other people.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

It's a tough call, but that may be the worst episode of the entire season.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:17 am
McAvoy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 am
TGLS wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:26 am I'm guessing it's probably a dependency problem. It wasn't Discovery or the conclusion to DS9, but Season 3 is pretty tight by comparison.
Standalone episodes are easy to review. No need to gather info from before the episode and after the episode to get a better picture.

I heard he is backlogged for years. I wonder what it costs to bump up certain reviews? Like if I offered 100 grand would he do all of the Expanse?
His chimney fell through the roof. I am absolutely certain a hundred grand would buy you his schedule for a year.
I heard. Probably would do it because... Money.
I got nothing to say here.
FlynnTaggart
Officer

Post by FlynnTaggart »

Deledrius wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:58 pm It's a tough call, but that may be the worst episode of the entire season.
Its honestly where I stopped watching Picard. The whole infiltration plot kinda reminded me of the Shadow Depository raid on Farscape but done far FAR worse (I think it was the eyepatch). Icheb being murdered for no reason, burned out Seven continuing the trend of "positive" lesbian representation in Trek, and Maddox being murdered were all bad but there was more then that. The whole plot and setting felt like it was ripped from another show, not sure why. It just, to me, didn't feel like Trek but then that might be me imagining things. I doubt Picard is like Caprica where it was an unrelated show someone stapled Neo-BSG stuff to for brand recognition but it felt like that at times especially that episode. Dark and gritty with unnecessary murder.

Also I swear Seven was totting some Halo assault rifles at the end.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:17 am
McAvoy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 am
TGLS wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:26 am I'm guessing it's probably a dependency problem. It wasn't Discovery or the conclusion to DS9, but Season 3 is pretty tight by comparison.
Standalone episodes are easy to review. No need to gather info from before the episode and after the episode to get a better picture.

I heard he is backlogged for years. I wonder what it costs to bump up certain reviews? Like if I offered 100 grand would he do all of the Expanse?
His chimney fell through the roof. I am absolutely certain a hundred grand would buy you his schedule for a year.
lol, yeah I imagine he would. Chuck cannot catch a break....
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

Plato's Stepchildren both for the discussion on first well known interracial kiss on TV...and his reaction to Kirk being ridden like a horse by a dwarf.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

I'm awaiting the long hoped for SFDebris/Red Letter Media Star Trek collab that I'm totally sure is in the works.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Beastro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:28 am I'm awaiting the long hoped for SFDebris/Red Letter Media Star Trek collab that I'm totally sure is in the works.
I appreciate their respective takes on Trek, but tonally... combining them would be very weird.
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

Beastro wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:28 am I'm awaiting the long hoped for SFDebris/Red Letter Media Star Trek collab that I'm totally sure is in the works.
I'm more waiting for the long overdue Linkara/SfDebris crossover.

I know the two of them have been friends for years and have similar styles.
So not sure why they never did a full review together and not just cameos.

Maybe part of it is the no face shots we have of SfDebris, but theres workarounds.