The Chimney of Surprise.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: The Chimney of Surprise.

Post by RobbyB1982 »

King Green wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:30 am Any progress removing lower-half of the chimney or is Chuck just going to unconsciously put MORE reinforced beams to conceal the damage?
My impression is the whole thing fell through, and took the ceiling with it.
Sojourna
Redshirt

Post by Sojourna »

I can believe it because browsing in r/IdiotsInCars over the years has really shown me the heights of utter stupidity humanity is capable of. (And that's just for vehicles.)

Glad no one was hurt and I can empathize with the "hello gravity". When I was in middle school (grades 7 and 8 for non-US folks), I was hanging out on the lower level of the gym during lunch when roughly one or two foot away from me landed a ceiling tile and metal bar. Another student had somehow for some reason thrown a basketball way up high and it knocked out what almost hit me. Fun times...
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Sojourna wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:16 am I can believe it because browsing in r/IdiotsInCars over the years has really shown me the heights of utter stupidity humanity is capable of. (And that's just for vehicles.)

Glad no one was hurt and I can empathize with the "hello gravity". When I was in middle school (grades 7 and 8 for non-US folks), I was hanging out on the lower level of the gym during lunch when roughly one or two foot away from me landed a ceiling tile and metal bar. Another student had somehow for some reason thrown a basketball way up high and it knocked out what almost hit me. Fun times...
I know plenty of contractors and they will tell me horror stories of homeowner 'repairs'.

Something like using cardboard as backing and spackling over it in a repair over a large area to using bare wire to connect a new outlet addition.

Or my favorite because it's unique, using chains to suspend a ceiling but it is a stationary ceiling.
I got nothing to say here.